Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase CLI's and HP's

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Multiple Chase CLI's and HP's

When requesting CLI's with Chase, is it the same standard procedure, as multiple apps during one a single day? In other words, can I request two CLI on two separate cards in a single day, resulting in one hard pull? Or nah?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Chase CLI's and HP's

It's debateable when it comes to multiple lines.  The reps will say it's 1 HP / CLI x Cards.

I did a CLI once awhile back and got 5K.  Turned around less than a month later and opened a new account for 25.9K of which I shuffled around the CL's to where I wanted them.

Some have luck on the CLI side and others have better luck on the new account side.

Message 2 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To me it's hard enough to convince Chase to give you one CLI much of the time, much less risking two HPs and trying for two CLIs.

Message 3 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SoCalifornia wrote:
When requesting CLI's with Chase, is it the same standard procedure, as multiple apps during one a single day? In other words, can I request two CLI on two separate cards in a single day, resulting in one hard pull? Or nah?

Based on a variety of DPs, it's likely to result in 2 HPs.  Potentially, *if* approved for a substantial amount on the first request (big *if*), you could allocate some of that CL to your other card and avoid the 2nd pull.  Otherwise, you can try your luck, but results will vary for sure.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're willing to take an HP for a CLI, I would just take the HP to app. That worked for me getting the CSP. Now I can reallocate to F and FU as well as earn a SUB.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but what if you’re trying to reduce your number of accounts?

Since I hadn’t got an automatic CLI in a while, I called Chase yesterday to see if I was due for an update without a hard pull. No go, but he had me update my income and said they will automatically review using only internal factors at the beginning of the month. Not sure if you’ve tried that, OP, but I’m going to give that a whirl before going hard pull route.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The income update thing doesn't usually trigger a CLI.  It's just something they're required to ask annually.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t get the sense that it was a guarantee. Just that if I wanted a CLI without a hard pull, it was this or nothing.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn’t get the sense that it was a guarantee. Just that if I wanted a CLI without a hard pull, it was this or nothing.

The only thing that is guaranteed is death and taxes... [Mod snip - 5 Things - KiB]

Message 9 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I've had hit and miss experiences with CLIs with Chase.  A few years ago, I was denied for a CLI on my then 10 year-old Freedom card yet minutes later got a CSP approval for $12,000 and a few months later got a Slate approval.  About a year before that, I closed a Slate card (originally an older legacy card they did the PC on themselves), and got 3rd degree from an analyst and a HP just to move the credit line over to my Freedom card!

After PCing my CSP to CSR, I decided to give it a shot a few months back and they doubled my credit line from $14,000 to $28,000.  A few months ago I got a $15,000 SL on Freedom Unlimited and just last week I got a random auto-CLI of $1500 on my Freedom.  Over $30k in new credit from them in the past year, while having mixed results years prior.

Certainly opening a new card to reallocate limits is a good option for many people.  However, 5/24 will come into play without green checkmarks or in-branch preapprovals.  And even then, it might not always be in someone's best interest to open a new card.  I know in my case I wouldn't open yet another Slate card just to reallocate limits, and the only cobranded card that has ever come up with a green checkmark for me is the United card, which does me no good as a Delta/SkyTeam flyer.

As for reusing HPs, Chase is very much YMMV, and any time I ask them for something I always expect 2 pulls and I'm happy if there's only 1.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.