Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase CLI's and HP's

tag
New Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase CLI's and HP's

@K-in-Boston wrote:

However, 5/24 will come into play without green checkmarks or in-branch preapprovals.  

What do you mean about the in-branch preapprovals in regards to 5/24?   Wondering if opening new bank accounts would be a good time to apply (all in person... and at the private client level of assets)?

edit: I was going to apply for one or 2 cards and be on my way, but I've gone full deep dive on my analysis of card comparisons, and now I'm building a longterm/ideal wallet setup for myself... so 5/24 factors into my plans now.

Message 11 of 15
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're willing to take an HP for a CLI, I would just take the HP to app. That worked for me getting the CSP. Now I can reallocate to F and FU as well as earn a SUB.

For the OP, this wouldn't really work, as they already have the CF, CFU, and CSP. There aren't really any new cards they can apply for. Can't apply for a new CSR if you already have a Sapphire card, you can only do a PC to get the CSR (or I guess you could close the CSP, then apply for a CSR, but if your CSP's SUB was earned less than 4 years ago, then you won't get the CSR SUB).

Edit: I guess they could apply for a Slate, but then they'll end up with another card in their wallet they'll probably never use because the CL will be so small after shifting most of it to other card(s).

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 12 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@851 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

However, 5/24 will come into play without green checkmarks or in-branch preapprovals.  

What do you mean about the in-branch preapprovals in regards to 5/24?   Wondering if opening new bank accounts would be a good time to apply (all in person... and at the private client level of assets)?

edit: I was going to apply for one or 2 cards and be on my way, but I've gone full deep dive on my analysis of card comparisons, and now I'm building a longterm/ideal wallet setup for myself... so 5/24 factors into my plans now.

In-branch preapprovals will generally override 5/24 in the same way that green (and black for business cards) checkmark offers will.  Chase Private Client also used to be able to pull strings for card approvals, but that no longer seems to be the case from recent reports here.

Message 13 of 15
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Incidentally, Chase must have either felt the same way about a CLI or there's a mole in this forum 🤔

Some point throughout the day they snuck in a $2500 CLI my CFU. So this question turned out to be a moot thought. 😅

Thanks for all the sides of perspective 🤷🏽‍♂️

Message 14 of 15
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:
Incidentally, Chase must have either felt the same way about a CLI or there's a mole in this forum 🤔

Some point throughout the day they snuck in a $2500 CLI my CFU. So this question turned out to be a moot thought. 😅

Thanks for all the sides of perspective 🤷🏽‍♂️

Chase is too busy to snoop on this forum with being the largest holders of deposits in the US. Most likely they wanted to throw you a snack because of your patience with them.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.