cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase cards? Can you split CLs for a CSP? PC from Freedom?

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Multiple Chase cards? Can you split CLs for a CSP? PC from Freedom?

I have a Chase Freedom I just got bumped to a $3500 CL plus a IHG Rewards MC with a $9000 limit. Can you have these cards and get a CSP and possibly take part of the CL from, say my IHG card, and use it to open a CSP? I just got the bump and just got approved for the IHG. Not sure if I should just wait it out and try and PC my Freedom after I get another CLI from them or something. What are my odds of that happening?

Anybody done anything like this?

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HawaiianSkwerl
Established Member

Re: Multiple Chase cards? Can you split CLs for a CSP? PC from Freedom?

I have three Chase cards, but I got them all seperately.

Freedom>Saphirre>Slate

About a year after I got the Freedom, I was looking at the Slate more than anything for the balance transfer perks. The pretty Sapphire was just sitting there staring at me though, lol. I thought what the hell, why not, let's make it an app night. Ironically I got the Sapphire Preferred, but not the Slate, LOL. Weird. Anyways, a year after that I app'd and got the Slate without a hitch. Instant approval.

I have seen other people here do CL transfers between Chase cards, but I can't remember the details. So I couldn't tell you if they were opening new cards, or just had just opened a new card and transferred CL from another, etc. I would think it could be done though, atleast with Chase. Subprime not so much. Doesn't hurt to call and ask though, I doubt they would need to actually pull anything just to check if your account would qualify for something like that. Always make sure though! Smiley Wink

My advice? I learned to just wait a little bit inbetween grabbing up cards from the same CC company. They are naturally going to raise your CL "ceiling" with them as you go. So therefore you should have no problem getting another CC with them in a little while as long as you've been treating them right.

Of course, always call and ask first! Good luck.

FICO | TU 688 / EQ 680 / EX 710 | ---------- GOAL | 800 |

[ Gardening Til 2015 ] "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

You can do that, sort of. If I rememeber what I have read lately, you just got that second card with in the last week or so, and had to recon though, right? I would wait 6 months-1 year then apply for the Sapphire

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 4
nitrov
Established Contributor

I may call and ask once I get the new IHG card in hand just out of curiosity. Although, it may be better for my credit to have a card with a $9000 CL and another with a $3500 rather than a $7500 CL and a $5000 CSP. I'm just not sure.

I'm honestly just glad I got my foot back in the door with the major leagues with Chase. I was fearing I'd be hopeless until I had enough money to try and get a Palladium card Smiley Very Happy lol

The IHG was a kinda-sorta recon. I got a "needs further review" response, which makes sense because I have my CBs frozen, called and was told no way by one analyst. Then when I called to do a CLI on Freedom, I mentioned the IHG app and was sent to verifications for an instant approval on it. But yes, haven't even received the card yet. My thought was to wait it out just like you guys said for 6-12 months, but I'm just kind of curious on it since Chase has me pondering stuff now Smiley Happy
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.