cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark


@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So get this - I got turned down, the reason being "you already have this type of credit card account with us".

 

You mean to tell me I took a HP and a declined for credit because you offered me something that I wasn't eligible for? Wow.


Chase only allows you to have one of each product, with the caveat that you can usually PC other cards into a product you already have as long as it has been opened for at least a year.  Was this a card you cold apped for, or was it specifically a firm prequalification with the green check mark, a single APR listed and just asked for your income and mortgage/rent payment to accept the card?  If they are making targeted prequalifications of a card to someone ineligible for that card, that is certainly an unfortunate bug.


It is precisely this:

 

"specifically a firm prequalification with the green check mark, a single APR listed and just asked for your income and mortgage/rent payment to accept the card"

 

Exactly like the other two I got.


That really is unfortunate.  Going back and reading your thread again, I assume this was for a 2nd Freedom card?  If you're upset about the HP, it may be worth trying reconsideration for another product, stating that you were unaware you could not have 2 of the same card.  Then if you truly do desire two Freedom cards, you could always PC one of your other cards to Freedom when they are eligible.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark


@K-in-Boston wrote:

That really is unfortunate.  Going back and reading your thread again, I assume this was for a 2nd Freedom card?  If you're upset about the HP, it may be worth trying reconsideration for another product, stating that you were unaware you could not have 2 of the same card.  Then if you truly do desire two Freedom cards, you could always PC one of your other cards to Freedom when they are eligible.


Yeah, I was thinking I should call the recon number. I mean that stinks! I still have a green checkmark for a CSP right now. So you think it's worth calling them?

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark

How long does it take after you get your initial account to get a green check card.  My Wife got the 60k Southwest offer back in June (27k limit) and I think I used it once since meeting the spend requirement and getting my points.  She shows nothing on pre-qualify site now. I would like her to get the CSP after I finish my Citi AA spend.  Should she have something on pre-qualify site to get approved for a second card. 

Message 33 of 38
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark


@Anonymous wrote:

How long does it take after you get your initial account to get a green check card.  My Wife got the 60k Southwest offer back in June (27k limit) and I think I used it once since meeting the spend requirement and getting my points.  She shows nothing on pre-qualify site now. I would like her to get the CSP after I finish my Citi AA spend.  Should she have something on pre-qualify site to get approved for a second card. 


Even without the prequalify, it sounds like she blew the SW app out of the water with that SL, so I can't imagine a cold app being denied unless she is over 5/24 or something has drastically changed since then.  Since you're looking for a checkmark, I'm thinking she may be over 5/24?  The green check marks are new(ish), so not a whole lot of data points to go around.  I was a customer for 10 years before mine showed up, but with that said they never showed up until Chase did their somewhat recent site redesign.  (I first noticed my offers on New Years Eve when I got my CSP.)  My wife has had her card for 23 years and still has no offers, but she has still not been migrated from the old site design which explains that easily.

 

mryan75 - If it were me, yes I would call to recon ASAP as it sounds like you do indeed want to open another trade line with Chase.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark


@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long does it take after you get your initial account to get a green check card.  My Wife got the 60k Southwest offer back in June (27k limit) and I think I used it once since meeting the spend requirement and getting my points.  She shows nothing on pre-qualify site now. I would like her to get the CSP after I finish my Citi AA spend.  Should she have something on pre-qualify site to get approved for a second card. 


Even without the prequalify, it sounds like she blew the SW app out of the water with that SL, so I can't imagine a cold app being denied unless she is over 5/24 or something has drastically changed since then.  Since you're looking for a checkmark, I'm thinking she may be over 5/24?  The green check marks are new(ish), so not a whole lot of data points to go around.  I was a customer for 10 years before mine showed up, but with that said they never showed up until Chase did their somewhat recent site redesign.  (I first noticed my offers on New Years Eve when I got my CSP.)  My wife has had her card for 23 years and still has no offers, but she has still not been migrated from the old site design which explains that easily.

 

mryan75 - If it were me, yes I would call to recon ASAP as it sounds like you do indeed want to open another trade line with Chase.


No she is 4/24 only because I added her as authorized user on two of my cards.  I would like her to get the Saphire before the Chase door closes on her.  I willl have her apply in a couple of months.  Thanks. 

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark


@K-in-Boston wrote:

 

mryan75 - If it were me, yes I would call to recon ASAP as it sounds like you do indeed want to open another trade line with Chase.


So interesting story - I called the recon number and was told:

 

a) there is NO hard pull for this type of application

b) these ARE NOT "pre-qualified" offers. They are recommendations for you.

Message 36 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark

No hp to check for offer but if you apply hp.
B. That's silly and we have years of proof that they are way more than recommended.
Someone went off script and outside what they knew how to talk about­čśŤ
Message 37 of 38
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Multiple Chase "your offers" - green checkmark


@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

 

mryan75 - If it were me, yes I would call to recon ASAP as it sounds like you do indeed want to open another trade line with Chase.


So interesting story - I called the recon number and was told:

 

a) there is NO hard pull for this type of application

b) these ARE NOT "pre-qualified" offers. They are recommendations for you.


No hp to check for offer but if you apply hp.
B. That's silly and we have years of proof that they are way more than recommended.
Someone went off script and outside what they knew how to talk about­čśŤ

Yes, I'm afraid I'd have to agree.  Someone either misunderstood the questions or gave you incorrect answers (it happens with most lenders, nothing unique to Chase).  I will go out on a limb and assume that the person thought that you were referring to the regular prequalification page.  There is no hard pull to check for offers and if you are not prequalified for an offer, they give you recommendations.  A few points...

a.) I have 4 inquiries (2 EX, 2 TU) as a result of my CSP and Slate applications from the Offers For You page.

b.) A recommended card would give general rates and terms, and would be subject to Chase's 5/24 rule.  The prequalified offers on the Offers For You page have a static APR of x% rather than a range of "x-y% depending upon creditworthiness," bypass 5/24, and simply require your income and housing payment to complete the application.  Note that generic recommendations do appear on that page (usually a photo depicting the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred and Slate cards together).

 

That said, were you able to try attempting a recon?

Message 38 of 38
ÔÇá Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.