Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Credit Cards from Suntrust or Commerce Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Credit Cards from Suntrust or Commerce Bank

Does anyone have multiple cards from either of these issuers?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple Credit Cards from Suntrust or Commerce Bank

Bump anyone?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping others would have chimed in by now, too.

I have a Commerce Bank penguin card for those who live outside of their footprint.  I seem to recall from another thread a month or so ago that you can have multiple cards, but IIRC the maximum on each card is $15k.  Also, IIRC, if you live within their footprint your limit can be significantly higher.  

Wish others would reply on this thread with more (better) data as I'm also curious about Commerce Bank.

Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

With Commerce Bank, I don't have multiple cards, but you can have multiple cards with them. They also don't do CLI requests.
You can't call CS or UW and ask for a CLI on a card. You have to apply for a different card, and then ask for the limit to be moved to another card. You still take the new account/inq hit.

They do account reviews twice a year, and if eligible, they will do an auto CLI.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
With Commerce Bank, I don't have multiple cards, but you can have multiple cards with them. They also don't do CLI requests.
You can't call CS or UW and ask for a CLI on a card. You have to apply for a different card, and then ask for the limit to be moved to another card. You still take the new account/inq hit.

They do account reviews twice a year, and if eligible, they will do an auto CLI.

That's good to know!  Strange how they do that, but it does make sense.  

Do you live within their footprint?  

Message 5 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I do.. Live 10 min from 2 branches. 

Message 6 of 8
valsgirl1

Yes with SunTrust. Both joint. $6200 regular card and $19000 Travel Rewards card. I bank with SunTrust as well.

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I do.. Live 10 min from 2 branches. 

Dang Pizza, how big is that Tree🌳 Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.