Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple HSBC cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple HSBC cards

I've read HSBC is strict on how many of their cards you can have. If I have an Orchard secured card, would I still be able to apply for a Best Buy card, or will I be declined for already having an HSBC backed card? Just trying to be cautious with inquiries. thx
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple HSBC cards

I had a regular HSBC card and applied for a David's Bridal card. I didn't have any problem getting it. I found out later it was through HSBC.
Message 2 of 19
keith021
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've read HSBC is strict on how many of their cards you can have. If I have an Orchard secured card, would I still be able to apply for a Best Buy card, or will I be declined for already having an HSBC backed card? Just trying to be cautious with inquiries. thx

I have a Orchard Platinum card, and I was approved last week for a Best Buy rewards Gold MasterCard. I'm assuming you can have more than one cc backed by HSBC.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 19
KG
Valued Member

I have three HSBC credit cards. Never got denied by a store or company for that reason.
Message 4 of 19
wvumurray
Established Member

I think its three cards. I got denied for too many HSBC cards once.
Message 5 of 19
jennordy
New Contributor

I have an Orchard card I got in Sept. and got the Best Buy Reward Zone MC in Dec.
FICO® 8 Scores: 10/16: TU 592 -- EQ 579 -- EX 573; 11/16: TU 626 -- EQ 614 -- EX 605; 12/16: TU 606 -- EQ 589 -- EX 594
FICO® Mortgage Scores: 10/16: TU 588 -- EQ 567 -- EX 566
10/16: Negatives: 10 charge-offs; 7 collections (one "closed"); 1 Ch. 7 BK (filed 12/2008)
Positives: 2 Cap1s; Nordstrom; 4 Comenity store cards; Amazon store card, Care Credit, 76 gas card, and F21 Visa; 2 student loans
Message 6 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

i have 2 orchard cards, & get offered the best buy reward zone mastercard when i go thru their preapproval thing.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your account must be at least 18 months apart or they will hit you with a hard pull without even considering you.

You will be shown an error message that says the reason for decline is " You where recently approved for an HSBC acount".

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your account must be at least 18 months apart or they will hit you with a hard pull without even considering you.

You will be shown an error message that says the reason for decline is " You where recently approved for an HSBC acount".

This is not true. I dont know where you got 18 months. I got two HSBC cards within 30 days of each other. Maybe you applied for another HSBC of the same type. I got a regular household bank card and less than 30 days later got the best buy reward zone mastercard. So I know you can have at least two and you dont have to wait 18 months. I have had great luck with them though. My RZMC I got a CLI by asking upon activation and two months later got an auto CLI. So HSBC has been very good to me and in turn I am using their cards for everything possible as I rebuild.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

From experience consider yourself lucky Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.