cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Shopping Cart Tricks At A Time?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Multiple Shopping Cart Tricks At A Time?

Do people apply for multiple "shopping cart trick" cards in one day? It seems like a lot of people have many Comenity shopping cart cards but dont specify when and how they go them...?

Is Comenity happy to give you multiple cards or will they flip out like Barclays and cancel them all after they realize you when app happy?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Multiple Shopping Cart Tricks At A Time?

I have 3 cards VS, Express and recently approved via shopping cart Loft. VS and Express were opened a months apart and have already received cli.

In regards to Barclays don't always believe or use as a blanket statement what others have experienced. I have had my ITunes Visa with them for 2 years, and actually was approved for the card when I opened about 10 other TL within months of each other. To date they did not close my card, and actually have been good with the cli.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 2 of 12
shane82388
Established Contributor

@halos24 wrote:
I have 3 cards VS, Express and recently approved via shopping cart Loft. VS and Express were opened a months apart and have already received cli.

In regards to Barclays don't always believe or use as a blanket statement what others have experienced. I have had my ITunes Visa with them for 2 years, and actually was approved for the card when I opened about 10 other TL within months of each other. To date they did not close my card, and actually have been good with the cli.

Yeah ive had no issues wih my Apple Financing Barclays thing...i was just using it as an example.

I feel like ive seen people get multiple approvals in the same day...which seems odd to me because you would think they would extend you all the credit they were willing to extend you that day and nothing more...?

Message 3 of 12
burghpa
Regular Contributor

I got two cards  via shopping cart trick - Express first, then a day later JCrew.  Didn't have any issue at all in consecutive days.

(you have to add something to cart, check out, go all the way to billing address , after entering the billing address, it poped up, asked for last 4 of ssn etc.)

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 4 of 12
shane82388
Established Contributor

@burghpa wrote:

I got two cards  via shopping cart trick - Express first, then a day later JCrew.  Didn't have any issue at all in consecutive days.

(you have to add something to cart, check out, go all the way to billing address , after entering the billing address, it poped up, asked for last 4 of ssn etc.)

Did they give you identical limits for the two cards?

Message 5 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@shane82388 wrote:

That happened in my case.  I got VS and Gold Violin within a few days of each other...both were $250

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 12
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

When I first started rebuilding, I went shopping cart trick-crazy. I had opened 4 in one day and then two weeks later another 2, they froze mine until I confirmed my identity by sending ID through the mail.

They won't shut you down but may freeze your cards and ask for ID. The lady I spoke with told me they would not shut anyone down for multiple cards, they are not worried about the number of cards we have with them, it is just their intention to make sure it's really us. Which I appreciate because if it wasn't really me apping for them, I'd have a lot of trouble!

Message 7 of 12
burghpa
Regular Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

I am still not sure about my limit on  ExpressNext Card, the JCrew clearly stated my CL as $300, I am assuming Express card have similar limit, but it is not listed anywhere in the letter it came with.

Message 8 of 12
shane82388
Established Contributor

@burghpa wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

I am still not sure about my limit on  ExpressNext Card, the JCrew clearly stated my CL as $300, I am assuming Express card have similar limit, but it is not listed anywhere in the letter it came with.

You dont know your limit for Express still? How? lol

Message 9 of 12
burghpa
Regular Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

You dont know your limit for Express still? How? lol

I didn't have my card in hand,  when I posted.  I just called the number listed on the back of the card, Expresss Next CL is $500, so my $500 card collection is growing.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.