Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must....resist...urge..

tag
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Must....resist...urge..

to apply. I was looking over WGMC, and my scores are starting to look similar to those who have been approved for Hooters, GEMB but I have like 30 inquiries on equifax with the most recent one being in july of this year, so I'm trying very hard not to apply for anything for at least a year. Someone please tell me you've been denied for Hooters or others with EQ's around 560.

Message Edited by cadavis0609 on 09-27-2008 05:16 PM
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Must....resist...urge..

With 30 inquiries and a 560 score if your apply it will likely be a denial you need to chill for 2 years an wait for those inquiries to fall off. your inquires will continue to ad up with no new accounts not good.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-27-2008 05:20 PM
Message 2 of 13
BabyBlue
New Contributor

I am not going to tell you that I have been denied, as I would lie. But, I will ask you to please think twice before applying... WAIT - time heals all wounds, even the credit ones!

30 inq - that's a lot. Give yourself a break. They will fall off very soon, you will see. And then, who knows, you may even get a better line than you think.

Message Edited by BabyBlue on 09-27-2008 05:20 PM
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

To ad to this i have as many inquires as you do on my TU & EX report an my TU score is 727 an my EX score is 655 an i have been denied for allot of cards for to many inquiries so you be the judge.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-27-2008 05:25 PM
Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

hooters pull TU.
but i don't think gemb will aprrove a 560, and they really don't like a lot of inq.
Message 5 of 13
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

I like it, exactly what I needed to hear. I will add however, that like 7 will fall off before the end of the year and probably 15 of them are within a 2 week window, applying for an auto loan. Actually, that was from 3 dealerships. This irritated me alot because I didn't give them permission to send my loan out to all those outside companies.

Message Edited by cadavis0609 on 09-27-2008 05:44 PM
Sept 07 EQ 419

Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Have you got a plan? Have you figured out where you want to be in six months, a year, two years? Have you played with the sims on EQ and TU to see where you might be in terms of scores at those points?

If you genuinely need something like a Hooters card to get you over some sort of hump, fine; but in the long run, you'll probably do better to hunker down and get to where you can qualify for a BofA secured card or a local CU card.

It's fine to app if you know that you have a good chance of getting a certain card, and that this card will fit a specific need. But there is no point in slowing down your overall progress by impulse apps, resetting the clock each time.

Did that help any? Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Have you got a plan? Have you figured out where you want to be in six months, a year, two years? Have you played with the sims on EQ and TU to see where you might be in terms of scores at those points?

If you genuinely need something like a Hooters card to get you over some sort of hump, fine; but in the long run, you'll probably do better to hunker down and get to where you can qualify for a BofA secured card or a local CU card.

It's fine to app if you know that you have a good chance of getting a certain card, and that this card will fit a specific need. But there is no point in slowing down your overall progress by impulse apps, resetting the clock each time.

So true an most banks from my experience don't like allot of new accounts an inquires.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 09-27-2008 06:45 PM
Message 8 of 13
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

+1 HTSU...sometimes you are just TOO close to making perfect sense for comfort! Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 13
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

_________________________________________________________________________________

Did that help any?
__________________________________________________________________________________

Right now I've got:

Imagine 610 CL Ridiculous interest rate and fees
Credit One 350 CL Ridiculous interest Rate and fees

I'm planning on nixing  both of them ASAP

Orchard 300 CL
Bank of America Platinum Plus Unsecured 500 Limit (Waiting on them to increase the limit at the six month mark.

I'm trying to let stuff age but I'm going to lose average age when I close the imagine and credit one down the line and the limits, So I am going to need something to replace them.

Edit: BTW, I'm not trying to justify a reason to apply for them, the urge has passed now

Message Edited by cadavis0609 on 09-27-2008 08:20 PM
Sept 07 EQ 419

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.