cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1st Pre-Approval in the mail today...

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: My 1st Pre-Approval in the mail today...

If there is also a pre-approval waiting for you on the Discover website, I would actually say to go for it on that one. I received the mail variety and did the pre-approval on the site, when it had an offer for me, I applied and got it. That was MY experience with Discover, but many others did so around the same time as well and got the card.
Message 21 of 25
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I get lots of preapprovals in the mail....citi, discover, bofa....  they're all just invitations to get turned down...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 22 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Glad I shredded it, if I read the earlier posts I may have been tempted Smiley Very Happy

What if you get a pre-approval for a Discover More by mail?

I would've apped within 1 minute of opening the letter, got denied, and not said a word about it Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 25
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

If you look on score match the citi diamond preferred has a score of 675 next to it and I think the platinum select is around 660  

Message 24 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cats63 wrote:

If you look on score match the citi diamond preferred has a score of 675 next to it and I think the platinum select is around 660  

I think Citi still has me blacklisted, do not wanna risk it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.