Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Magnet experience

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My Amex Magnet experience

Just felt like sharing my recent experience with Amex. I got the Magnet during those hectic few days it came out. Have been super happy with Amex since I've come back on my second journey with them . I burnt them in bk7 over 10 years ago and languished in blacklist Land for 10 years. I promised myself I'll never burn them again and have adopted a pif mentality especially with Amex.

I love how my payments get taken quickly and credit restored kinda like Citi. I just finished the first part sub of $1000 in 3 months for $150. The second part I dont think I can make but I digress.

2 days ago made my final payment for $345 to break 1k. This morning was checking my accounts I already have a $150 accredited to my account. Wow , super fast. This has been my 3rd sub completed with Amex, ED, BCE, and now Magnet. All super quickly applied. Very happy with my experience so far. Now if I can only get a true 3x lolSmiley Happy. Thanks for readingSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: My Amex Magnet experience

I'm always very pleased with how quickly bonuses and Amex Offers post.  Really my only complaint (other than them not just giving me the world in credit lines like I've asked) is the one-statement lag for Membership Rewards, since it's quite possible to drop $2,000 on airfare early in a statement cycle and then have to wait nearly 2 months for those 10,000 MRs when the next statement closes.

Glad you're back in the family and hoping to see that $14,100 EveryDay in your signature soon. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I really like the cards' look! I'm glad it's working for you, AJC!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks K, if I ever break 10k on 1 Amex card, on my income I'll get a tattoo of a Boss.....mustangSmiley Wink

Thanks Addie, if I had zero debt I could probably use this card the rest of year and make the next Sub but that's not feasible so I'll continue to enjoy this awesome looking cardSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just felt like sharing my recent experience with Amex. I got the Magnet during those hectic few days it came out. Have been super happy with Amex since I've come back on my second journey with them . I burnt them in bk7 over 10 years ago and languished in blacklist Land for 10 years. I promised myself I'll never burn them again and have adopted a pif mentality especially with Amex.

I love how my payments get taken quickly and credit restored kinda like Citi. I just finished the first part sub of $1000 in 3 months for $150. The second part I dont think I can make but I digress.

2 days ago made my final payment for $345 to break 1k. This morning was checking my accounts I already have a $150 accredited to my account. Wow , super fast. This has been my 3rd sub completed with Amex, ED, BCE, and now Magnet. All super quickly applied. Very happy with my experience so far. Now if I can only get a true 3x lolSmiley Happy. Thanks for readingSmiley Happy

Congrats, AJC! 

Perhaps if I pay my charge-off with them in full, I may have a chance of getting an account with them in the future. But who knows for sure? Smiley Wink

Have fun with your AMEX! 

Message 5 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats AJC, I'll be waiting to see the Amex Platinum sitting nice and shiny on your desk. You've done amazing so far - from going from a BK to where you are today!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks XaximusSmiley Happy

I could probably get it but for $550 I think I'll just go shopping on AmazonSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, AJC! 

Perhaps if I pay my charge-off with them in full, I may have a chance of getting an account with them in the future. But who knows for sure? Smiley Wink

Have fun with your AMEX! 

Thanks. Yeah there is some evidence paying back Amex can help your chances with them in the long run. Just stick with your goals and you'll get thereSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Thanks XaximusSmiley Happy

I could probably get it but for $550 I think I'll just go shopping on AmazonSmiley Happy

I agree, $550 is a steep AF to pay, unless you're using the benefits well. If not, that's one expensive paperweight! On the Amazon note, it's Prime day!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats AJC ... dont forget to hit the 3x CLI

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.