Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Apple Card / Adding to DW's Apple Pay

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

My Apple Card / Adding to DW's Apple Pay

If I were to get approved for Apple Card thru my iPad (I don't have an iPhone) could I give it to my DW to add it to her ApplePay? Is that allowed?

I am not going to carry around my iPad for making purchases Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: My Apple Card / Adding to DW's Apple Pay

Not quite. You can use the "share my card" feature as long as you've set up a family sharing group.

It's basically like adding her as an AU.
Message 2 of 11
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

This might help:

Set up Apple Card Family and add a co-owner and participants - Apple Support (PH)

On your iPad, open the Settings app > Wallet & Apple Pay > Apple Card > Info tab. Then follow these steps:

1. Under People, tap Share My Card, then tap Continue.
  2. Select a member of your Family Sharing group. To invite someone to join your Family Sharing group, tap Invite Someone.
  3. To invite an account co-owner, tap Become Co-Owners. To invite a participant, tap Add as Participant.
  4. Follow the instructions on your screen to provide the requested information.
  5. Tap Send Invitation, then authenticate with your passcode.

Note the difference between adding a "co-owner" and adding a "participant". 

Message 3 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

This might help:

Set up Apple Card Family and add a co-owner and participants - Apple Support (PH)

On your iPad, open the Settings app > Wallet & Apple Pay > Apple Card > Info tab. Then follow these steps:

2. Select a member of your Family Sharing group. To invite someone to join your Family Sharing group, tap Invite Someone.
  3. To invite an account co-owner, tap Become Co-Owners. To invite a participant, tap Add as Participant.

So say going the "parcipant" route, can they add this information to their Apple Pay on their iPhone? The link doesn't explain that exactly. 🤔

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

This might help:

So say going the "parcipant" route, can they add this information to their Apple Pay on their iPhone? The link doesn't explain that exactly. 🤔

Once you add them and they accept, the card will show on their Apple Pay Wallet.

You can set limits if you'd like, and in case it matters to you, the cashback they earn, they keep. It's not like a typical card where all rewards go to the main account owner. With the Apple Card, each participant earns their own cashback separately from you. 

Message 5 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

This might help:

Once you add them and they accept, the card will show on their Apple Pay Wallet.

You can set limits if you'd like, and in case it matters to you, the cashback they earn, they keep. It's not like a typical card where all rewards go to the main account owner. With the Apple Card, each participant earns their own cashback separately from you. 

Is there a way to pay with the iPad? Now that I have the card, I added it to the Apply Pay Wallet, but with the iPad there doesn't seem like there is a way to pay with the iPad, so you can't really take full advantage of the card unless you DO have an iPhone it seems. You would think they would at least allow you to bring that big iPad in to pay for something and get all the perks Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 11
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is there a way to pay with the iPad? Now that I have the card, I added it to the Apply Pay Wallet, but with the iPad there doesn't seem like there is a way to pay with the iPad, so you can't really take full advantage of the card unless you DO have an iPhone it seems. You would think they would at least allow you to bring that big iPad in to pay for something and get all the perks Smiley Very Happy

Whuc iPad do you have?

Apple Pay works with the iPhone 6 and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 3 and later, iPad Pro models, and Macs with Touch ID.

Message 7 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Whuc iPad do you have?

Apple Pay works with the iPhone 6 and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 3 and later, iPad Pro models, and Macs with Touch ID.

I have an older iPad Air, and the newest iPad Pro.

Potential Future Cards
Message 8 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Whuc iPad do you have?

I have an older iPad Air, and the newest iPad Pro.

The reason you can't pay with iPad is that it doesn't have NFC built-in. So you can't take it to a credit card terminal and pay with it. I believe the only Apple devices you can pay with in-store are iPhones and Watches.

However, iPads and Macs can use Apple Pay as long as the apps you're using support Apple Pay or if the merchant site supports Apple Pay. For example, you can use the Best Buy app on iPad and pay using Apple Pay. You could also visit bestbuy.com on Safari and pay with Apple Pay on your iPad or Mac. Basically, the vendors have to enable Apple Pay on their apps or sites. 

Message 9 of 11
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 

Have you tried Apple Pay with your iPad Pro yet?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.