cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Available Credit Needs to Shed Some Weight!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: My Available Credit Needs to Shed Some Weight!!

@FinStar wrote:
Awesome, glad we can come to a consensus with squaring things off and getting rid of tradelines that would no longer benefit the CU strategy.

When are you planning on going for PenFed and the others?

Well the final phase of operation cut the fat will be to app Simply Cash so I can move that $25k HHonors off the books. That will probably be next fall. Then I will hit up the CUs. I wanted to be no more than double my income. But, not sure that's even possible. I have $100k just between Navy Fed and Cap One!! Smh

Message 41 of 143
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would start with Sallie Mae 1st. As baller mentioned, that broad's gotta go lol. I haven't felt really much love for Barclay's as in the past, purely a business decision of course. This can be done as soon as you feel you're ready.

Followed by Amazon in 30 days then Lowe's at around 45 days or so. Then we can try AmEx once we can see how things look profile-wise at the 60 day mark. You can decide what timetable works best baller. Just gotta stagger them a bit Smiley Happy
Message 42 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

OK sounds good to me. And I will take BOA off the table for now.
Message 43 of 143
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep Navy and Capital One as is though
Message 44 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Keep Navy and Capital One as is though

Oh those cats ain't going NOWHERE!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 143
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Plus, I'm closing Sallie Mae in the next month too so....and Travelocity AmEx (as soon as I redeem my points) then reallocating the CLs to Hawaiian.
Message 46 of 143
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I had one CU that mentioned closing my Capital One twins with no guarantee of what kind of SL would come out of UW. And, while I understand every lender has specific UW and credit policies, the thought of what you and I went through to get these babies and I was like ummm, no sweetheart you don't understand...that's like ripping off my manhood and that was that.
Message 47 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

I can totally relate Finstar. SSFCU demanded I Close my Navy Fed accts for one of their loans. I told them they could keep it. I'll Never do no such thing. BTW, I'm on hold with Barclays. LMAO!!!
Message 48 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
I would start with Sallie Mae 1st. As baller mentioned, that broad's gotta go lol. I haven't felt really much love for Barclay's as in the past, purely a business decision of course. This can be done as soon as you feel you're ready.

Followed by Amazon in 30 days then Lowe's at around 45 days or so. Then we can try AmEx once we can see how things look profile-wise at the 60 day mark. You can decide what timetable works best baller. Just gotta stagger them a bit Smiley Happy

Baller, I agree with Finstar, Sallie mae... cut cut !!  

Message 49 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

RIP Sallie Mae!!! First closure done!

2015-11-14 07.35.44.png

Message 50 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.