Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

Thanks psychic. I wish one day some day, I can join your 800 Club. I have long way to go from where I am now. You are my inspiration and motivation to reach 800 Club....Smiley Happy

psychic wrote:
A lot is happening for you today, concorduser.  Congratulations on your new unsecured card status!

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Thanks psychic. I wish one day some day, I can join your 800 Club. I have long way to go from where I am now. You are my inspiration and motivation to reach 800 Club....Smiley Happy

Thank you very much, concorduser!  Now I'm having a great day, too!!!
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, concord!

Although I had the fully secured card, I believe I can offer some insight.  My fully secured card "graduated" Jan. 08 after 10 months, and I got my depost back a couple of weeks later.  When the card "unsecured" they automatically raised my limit from $300 to $1000 so the "graduation" was a bittersweet victory because of the low limit. 

I waited about 2 weeks and hit the luv button but was denied.  Not wanting to accept "no" for an answer, I called the credit department "backdoor" number to speak to a human.  My rep was really nice and within a couple of minutes performed a product change for me (given me a card with Worldpoints) and raised my limit on the card to $5K.  She also offered me a BoA Amex with a limit of $5K (which I readily accepted) so I ended the call with $10K total credit exposure with BoA after a few minutes on the phone.

When my $5K Amex arrived a few weeks later, I called to ask for an increase to $15K at activation, which was easily granted.  Since my original card "graduated" BoA has been good to work with.  In fact, I think it's about time I give them another call.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again and definitely give them a call soon for a CLI!

ETA: I would ask for the product change well before the annual fee is due because it may take a few weeks to establish the new account and receive the new card.

Message Edited by lurknomore on 06-13-2008 11:05 AM
Message 13 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Wow that is Great News.....Smiley Happy I guess BOA will come through for me also like it did for you. I'll wait 2 weeks and then call them for product change. It will be still 2 1/2 months ahead of renewal time. Hope the product change will be smooth...Smiley Happy

lurknomore wrote:
Congrats, concord!

Although I had the fully secured card, I believe I can offer some insight.  My fully secured card "graduated" Jan. 08 after 10 months, and I got my depost back a couple of weeks later.  When the card "unsecured" they automatically raised my limit from $300 to $1000 so the "graduation" was a bittersweet victory because of the low limit. 

I waited about 2 weeks and hit the luv button but was denied.  Not wanting to accept "no" for an answer, I called the credit department "backdoor" number to speak to a human.  My rep was really nice and within a couple of minutes performed a product change for me (given me a card with Worldpoints) and raised my limit on the card to $5K.  She also offered me a BoA Amex with a limit of $5K (which I readily accepted) so I ended the call with $10K total credit exposure with BoA after a few minutes on the phone.

When my $5K Amex arrived a few weeks later, I called to ask for an increase to $15K at activation, which was easily granted.  Since my original card "graduated" BoA has been good to work with.  In fact, I think it's about time I give them another call.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again and definitely give them a call soon for a CLI!

ETA: I would ask for the product change well before the annual fee is due because it may take a few weeks to establish the new account and receive the new card.

Message Edited by lurknomore on 06-13-2008 11:05 AM

Message 14 of 26
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I just got the 99/500 card a few weeks ago and had no idea it came with an AF.  I haven't seen anything on my stmt.  When does it apply?  After the 1st year?
Message 15 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Check your statement. I am sure there will be a $19 or $29 AF. I dont remeber exact amount, but it was billed during the first statement.

kball64 wrote:
I just got the 99/500 card a few weeks ago and had no idea it came with an AF.  I haven't seen anything on my stmt.  When does it apply?  After the 1st year?

Message 16 of 26
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Whew,  thanks for that info!  Like I said, I didn't know there was an AF.  I just called and they told me was indeed $29.  My balance is $25.00 and my stmt is due to cut tomorrow.  I was going to let the $25 report the first time but with the $29 AF that is more than I wanted to report to the CRA.  So he took a payment over the phone from me and was kind enough to waive the usual $15 service charge.  I don't have any other accounts with BoFA.  In the future I'll use webpay through NFCU but for now this was a quick fix.  Thanks again, Concorduser!
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the $29 AF is charged after the card graduates. Mine graduated a month ago, and today the AF has hit me 11$ over the limit. :-)
Message 18 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Is your card 99/500 or fully secured card? How long did it take for your card to become unsecure? My 99/500 graduated in 9 months. I doubt if they would charge me AF during the 10 th month as I already paid AF for 12 months. I understand fully secured cards graduate at the 12 month mark. Your card must be fully secured card.

Hashish wrote:
Yes, the $29 AF is charged after the card graduates. Mine graduated a month ago, and today the AF has hit me 11$ over the limit. :-)

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got 99/500 in May '07, it became unsecured in end of march '08 or something like that, don't remember exactly. You can notice that in their online banking your card name changes to "Emerging credit" right before you get your check. After 12 months it changed back to plain "Visa platinum". Shortly after getting my $99 back I've requested CLI, got declined (heavy utilization of my other cards - by the way, I'm wondering if they're using info from "My portfolio" feature which provides access to all your accounts within their online banking). Precisely on 13th statement the $29 charge was posted, I completely forgot about it and accidentally hit the cap. Paid online now and hope payment will post before my other pending charges. :-)
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.