Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Re: My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

The CSR I spoke to this afternoon told me the $29 AF will be billed on my first stmt.  Maybe he didn't know what he was talking about.  I guess I'll have to see.  Oh well, I paid my balance off just in case it does. 

About the "Emerging Credit" name, when I first got my account, I noticed that was the name of the card in online banking.  Now it is just BOFA Platinum Plus VISA.  I wondered what the "Emerging Credit" title meant and was a little confused when it changed.  Is that normal?
Message 21 of 26
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I have another question regarding this card now.  I'm looking at my account online and there is a button to click for "special offers".  There are offers for checking/savings accounts and also the BoFA Accelerated Rewards Amex.  I thought these were probably standard offers for everyone but then at the bottom of the screen it gave an "opt out" option if I no longer was these pre-screened offers.  Any knowledge about these offers and has anyone else got them?
Message 22 of 26
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats- I’m in mo. #2 of the card and can’t wait for it to unsecure.  I see the CLI button on my acct and it’s so tempting to hit it even though I know of course no CLI is available @ this time LOL  BA was VERY good to me in the past (unfortunately I burned them when younger and dumber) w/ccs + CLIs, so I’m hoping they’re going to show me some luvin on this cc.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
...by the way, I'm wondering if [BoA is] using info from [their] "My portfolio" feature which provides access to all your accounts within their online banking).

I'm wondering about this too... 

Message 24 of 26
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

How does this card work?  If I wanted a card w/ them w/ a 5k limit, if I just deposited the 5k and paid on time for a year, they would switch it over?

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is 2 different secured cards offered by BOA

the first one is fully secured, you can deposit between 300 to 10,000 dollars and get the card with a CL equal to your deposit if you keep the card and use it wisely for 9 months they will unsecure it and you get your deposit back few weeks after it unsecured with a CL= YOUR DEPOSIT or > 

the second one is secured too, but you have to deposit 99 dollars to get it and your CL is only 500 dollars and you can not increase it ..Same thing if you treat your card well for 9 months you will get the 99 dollars back and they will unsecure it with a cli = 500 or >

but the thing is the 2nd one is offered by boa when you apply for one of their unsecured cards and get denied.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.