Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Barclay CC was cancelled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Barclay CC was cancelled

Hello everyone, the weirdest thing happened to me today. Last month I applied for credit on the Apple's website to buy an IPad 2, I was approved for up to $750.00, they sent me a Barclays Visa. Yesterday I received an offer for credit increase online, so I submitted it and was declined, so I called the Barclays backdoor number and not only they said no, they told me that they have to close my account because I have to many new accounts. Weird.
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: My Barclay CC was cancelled

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, the weirdest thing happened to me today. Last month I applied for credit on the Apple's website to buy an IPad 2, I was approved for up to $750.00, they sent me a Barclays Visa. Yesterday I received an offer for credit increase online, so I submitted it and was declined, so I called the Barclays backdoor number and not only they said no, they told me that they have to close my account because I have to many new accounts. Weird.

Barclay strikes again.  They are known for being VERY sensitive to having other accounts/inquiries show,  up to 6 or even 12 months after your account is opened.

How many new accounts do you have on your credit reports, besides Barclay ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBBS - BARCLAYS BIG BROTHER SYNDROME

Sorry to hear about this, but closures are becoming the norm.

Message 3 of 43
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

What a nightmare!!!! I will certainly be staying away from Barclay's! That's outrageous! Smiley Mad  

Slowly building....
Message 4 of 43
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that just a box at the top when you login saying 'Boost your buying power, Request a credit line increase today"?? if so that has been there since I opened my account

also did they do a hp?

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyway I did buy the IPad but I can't use the credit card anymore after today. I'm going to pay off my balance and forget Barclays exist.
Message 6 of 43
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyway I did buy the IPad but I can't use the credit card anymore after today. I'm going to pay off my balance and forget Barclays exist.

I am lost why you cant use the iPad and they should of gave you 6 months no intreast

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I meant I can't use the Barclays Credit card, for the IPad I still have six months to pay.
Message 8 of 43
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Another Barclays closure thread. Still don't think this is the norm but they really are sensitive to new accounts. Every time I get the itch to app one of these app's seems to pop up. I'm going on 3 1/2 months app-free since I opened Barclays. Only 2 1/2 more months till I can app again LOL.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 9 of 43
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So are they going to let you pay off the IPad in installments/financing?? Or did they stick you with the full balance since they cancelled the card?? 

Slowly building....
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.