Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 21 of 43
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: My Barclay CC was cancelled

@Smug wrote:
Speaking of APPLE 2 more days till ipad3 newsSmiley Happy

Well, my iPad is only a few months old, so I guess I'll be waiting a couple of years! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays is not always ensitive to credit enquiries and new accounts.

It depends a lot on your credit history, If you have BK or you are rebuilding ofcourse any bank would have a **bleep** fit.

I am a prime example of how barclays would treat normally. I had 23 enquiries on TU when i applied for a barclays travelocity card and was initially declined online but on recon approved.

Next 3 months down the road asked for a CLI, was given one to $4500 by calling backdoor. Had 3 new accounts show up, was asked about it though and after an exaplanation was approved.

So barclays is not that harsh in my opinion. They are a great bank and they do have their own risk measurement policies in place. I think you should call that backdoor number and talk to somone and explain the new accounts .

Good luck

Message 23 of 43
john398
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Smug wrote:
Speaking of APPLE 2 more days till ipad3 newsSmiley Happy

Well, my iPad is only a few months old, so I guess I'll be waiting a couple of years! Smiley Happy

You could try trading up

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/ipad-3-event-prompting-trade-ins-of-older-ipads/20...

Message 24 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, the weirdest thing happened to me today. Last month I applied for credit on the Apple's website to buy an IPad 2, I was approved for up to $750.00, they sent me a Barclays Visa. Yesterday I received an offer for credit increase online, so I submitted it and was declined, so I called the Barclays backdoor number and not only they said no, they told me that they have to close my account because I have to many new accounts. Weird.

Barclay's strikes again!!

Sorry to hear brooklinier Smiley Sad

How many accounts do you have??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 43
bobvette
Regular Contributor

That was my question, why the heck buy an Ipad 2 when 3 will be out Wednesday?  Are they offering a discounted price?  The new prices for 3 will remain the same, we have the original Ipad but plan on buying the Ipad 3 this weekend.

BOA Cash Rewards $95,000, AMEX Delta Reserve $65,000 AMEX BCP $30,600 CSP $32,000 Pen Fed Plat Rewards $25,000 Citi Thank You Preferred $28,500 Chase Freedom $21,000
Delta CU $10,000 Cap 1 X 2 $7,500 Discover $18,000
HSN $1,700 Kohls $4,000 BBRZ $700

Starting Score: EQ-592 TU-606
Current Score: EQ-838 TU-845
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 26 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bobvette wrote:

That was my question, why the heck buy an Ipad 2 when 3 will be out Wednesday?  Are they offering a discounted price?  The new prices for 3 will remain the same, we have the original Ipad but plan on buying the Ipad 3 this weekend.

its coming out this weekend?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 43
bobvette
Regular Contributor

It might be next weekend now that I think about it, they usually announce and then a week later have it to sell.  They will probably take pre-orders by this weekend, or at least I hope so!

BOA Cash Rewards $95,000, AMEX Delta Reserve $65,000 AMEX BCP $30,600 CSP $32,000 Pen Fed Plat Rewards $25,000 Citi Thank You Preferred $28,500 Chase Freedom $21,000
Delta CU $10,000 Cap 1 X 2 $7,500 Discover $18,000
HSN $1,700 Kohls $4,000 BBRZ $700

Starting Score: EQ-592 TU-606
Current Score: EQ-838 TU-845
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bobvette wrote:

It might be next weekend now that I think about it, they usually announce and then a week later have it to sell.  They will probably take pre-orders by this weekend, or at least I hope so!

This one better have some good new specs to it!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 43
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I opened 6 new accounts after Barclays, all the same month, I have called and got a CLI and never had a problem However I am at 1% and pay in full monthly, not sure if that make a difference .

This says it all.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.