Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Barclay CC was cancelled

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My Barclay CC was cancelled

OP, sorry to hear. Smiley Sad As you are now reading, Barclays is very sensitive to new accounts within six months or so after opening an account with them, in most cases anyway.

I don't think that you ever posted --how many (if any) new accounts did you open --not just inqs --since opening the Apple account?

It does seem like some people get to dodge this particular bullet, but many don't.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 43
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Boo Barclays. So far I have not seen a CLD or had any AA on my account. If they decide to close my account, so be it. It would be nice if they updated payments at the time they're withdrawn from bank accounts, however.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 32 of 43
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Boo Barclays. So far I have not seen a CLD or had any AA on my account. If they decide to close my account, so be it. It would be nice if they updated payments at the time they're withdrawn from bank accounts, however.

I just checked my Barclay's acct. because I had a payment scheduled for 3/5. It is posted as paid and my current balance and avail credit already reflect the payment. I checked my checking acct. earlier tonight and it hadn't even hit my bank yet. So, I wonder why you're experiencing a delay. Are you "pulling" the payment from Barclay's or scheduling the "push" from your bank to Barclay's? I've read here that it can take longer when you do the "push."

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 33 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

I just checked my Barclay's acct. because I had a payment scheduled for 3/5. It is posted as paid and my current balance and avail credit already reflect the payment. I checked my checking acct. earlier tonight and it hadn't even hit my bank yet. So, I wonder why you're experiencing a delay. Are you "pulling" the payment from Barclay's or scheduling the "push" from your bank to Barclay's? I've read here that it can take longer when you do the "push."

I thoguht it would be longer "pulling" the payment.....Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 34 of 43
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's usually longer pushing than pulling, specially if your bank is wildly adamant about observing it's business day procedures.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 35 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

It's usually longer pushing than pulling, specially if your bank is wildly adamant about observing it's business day procedures.

Yea that makes sense. Well they're probably equal with Barclays holding payments for a week at times Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 36 of 43
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

I pushed and it finally posted as of today although I requested it to be posted as of 3/3. I'm just glad I beat the due date. Sheesh.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 37 of 43
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

it actually doesnt matter when your card was opened and if you open too many accounts within 6 months. I opened 3 accounts within 6 months of opening my apple card and nothing happened. when i apped for a new barclays card and got declined after a year of having the apple card, they did a manual review and saw i opened 4 more accounts within the past couple of months. if they review your account for some reason and you opened a lot of new accounts that is what will cause your account closure. manual account reviews cause the account closures if they see too many new accounts opened in a short period of time no matter how long ago the card was opened

amazon
Message 38 of 43
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Smerri1029 wrote:

It's funny how everyone panics about an AmEx FR yet Barclays will just close your account if there are some inquiries and theres no major outcry on the forums (like there is against AmEx anyways).

Perhaps it's the perception of a FR which causes the outrage. After all: wouldn't you prefer someone to be up front with you, about not wanting to take a risk on you? 

i.e. If you don't want my business, just tell me. Then I can move on, to give my money to someone else. Don't make me jump through hoops, to prove how much I want to be your customer. 

I know my tax paperwork for the last couple of years, is currently buried at the back & bottom on a 10x15 storage shed. I don't plan on digging it out until I apply for a mortgage latter this year. I would not be happy, about having to dig that paperwork out. Heck. I'm not even sure which box it's in. 

On the other hand:  The AmEx FR could be looked at as a wake up call. With a FR; AmEx is basically saying "Hey, something has us spooked about your credit profile. Before we kick you to the curb, we need you to prove you can pay us back." 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 39 of 43
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Send them a thank you card. I hear Barclays is bipolar.

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.