Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Best Buy MC platinum CC????

tag
rg23
Established Member

My Best Buy MC platinum CC????

Received an upgraded letter today in mail form Best Buy.

the letter stated that I can upgraded my store card to a MC

platinum credit card....what's the verdict on this card.

rewards 

2% back in dining and groceries

1%  back on all other purchases

LOWES-25K|CSP-15K|DISCOVER-15K|BARCLAYS-13K|AMEXEDP-30K|CITI-11.2K|BBMC-10K|WALMART-10K|CAP1Q.S.-5K|NORDSTROM 8K|FNBO AMEX 4K

FICO EQ08 743TU08 741EX08 753
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Best Buy MC platinum CC????

@rg23 wrote:

rewards 

Over the last week I have seen several individuals asking whether to cancel their BB cards as they seem to not be willing to give any real CLs. If you accept it I would not look to it  becoming a card with a major CL.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@rg23 wrote:

rewards 

Over the last week I have seen several individuals asking whether to cancel their BB cards as they seem to not be willing to give any real CLs. If you accept it I would not look to it  becoming a card with a major CL.

Big difference to us who either had a best buy store card "B Level" or the lower limit MasterCard with or without annual fee that use to be offered by HSBC for just about any credit rating.

someone that has a store card with several thousand cl or mc with no af and several thousand cl probably just have to take the hp and they can go up a lot... Many board members have 10,20, even $40k limit store and MasterCard best buy and I assume since they now offer the same 0% offers on the MasterCard they are trying to swap people out and hope they burry themselves by charging over top of their 0% in store charges with MasterCard outside best buy purchases!!! Brilliant plan actually but if you understand it and handle it correctly and are a best buy shopper it's actually a pretty good card when you step up to elite status on the rewards program

Message 3 of 5
rg23
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@rg23 wrote:

rewards 

Big difference to us who either had a best buy store card "B Level" or the lower limit MasterCard with or without annual fee that use to be offered by HSBC for just about any credit rating.

someone that has a store card with several thousand cl or mc with no af and several thousand cl probably just have to take the hp and they can go up a lot... Many board members have 10,20, even $40k limit store and MasterCard best buy and I assume since they now offer the same 0% offers on the MasterCard they are trying to swap people out and hope they burry themselves by charging over top of their 0% in store charges with MasterCard outside best buy purchases!!! Brilliant plan actually but if you understand it and handle it correctly and are a best buy shopper it's actually a pretty good card when you step up to elite status on the rewards program

thanks for the reply..

i definitely see your point of view..Citi trying to capture outside sales. I currently have a 10K credit line, so hopefully I fall in with those who have made there cards grow to 25Kplus.

LOWES-25K|CSP-15K|DISCOVER-15K|BARCLAYS-13K|AMEXEDP-30K|CITI-11.2K|BBMC-10K|WALMART-10K|CAP1Q.S.-5K|NORDSTROM 8K|FNBO AMEX 4K

FICO EQ08 743TU08 741EX08 753
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rg23 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@rg23 wrote:

rewards 

thanks for the reply..

i definitely see your point of view..Citi trying to capture outside sales. I currently have a 10K credit line, so hopefully I fall in with those who have made there cards grow to 25Kplus.

If your TU looks good id take the upgrade and if it doesn't come with cli request it online for above your highest current cl!!! (That's what I say)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.