Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Best Buy Member SUB offer

tag
heeseon
Frequent Contributor

My Best Buy Member SUB offer

Hello,

Possibly targeted Best buy card offer. To see an offer, you need to sign in to Best buy.

Earn a $100 reward certificate when you apply, are approved for the My Best Buy® Credit Card and spend $100 at Best Buy. Activation required. Offer ends 2/13/23.

Valid Jan 9, 2023 - Feb 13, 2023

https://www.bestbuy.com/loyalty/catalog 

Terms and Conditions

If you activate offer, apply, and are approved for a new My Best Buy® Credit Card between 1/9/23 and 2/13/23 and use it to make future purchases at Best Buy® or BestBuy.com® of $100 or more by 2/28/23 you will earn a $100 promotional reward certificate. Promotional certificate valid 30 days from issuance. Promotional certificate will post to your loyalty account 2–3 weeks from completion of the promotion. Offer is non-transferable. First-time loyalty members need to register their account on BestBuy.com®, using their My Best Buy member ID printed on the Card. Limit 1 bonus reward certificate per account. No cash value. Does not include tax. Additional limitations may apply. Subject to My Best Buy Program Terms. In select stores. Online offer may vary. Subject to change without notice.

BB.PNG

TU789 EQ786 EX791(05/23)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: My Best Buy Member SUB offer

I received that too. The offer email also stated that earning reward points will be restricted to their credit card holders only.

Reward points change:
The second change is that on February 14, 2023, earning points on eligible Best Buy purchases will become an exclusive benefit of the My Best Buy® Credit Card. To continue earning rewards on your Best Buy purchases, you can apply for the My Best Buy® Credit Card and earn 10% back* in rewards on your first day of purchases. Plus, for a limited time you can earn a $100 reward certificate* when you apply, are approved for, and spend $100 on your new My Best Buy® Credit Card at Best Buy. Activation required. Offer ends February 13, 2023.

If you decide to not apply for the Credit Card, we'll issue a certificate for points remaining in your account within 60 days following the program change on February 14.

Message 2 of 11
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

I just checked my email and I received it yesterday.  I doubt this is going to get many people to apply for the store card or the Visa.  They already alienated some of their best customers when they nerfed the rewards a bit on the store card and the Visa and severely nerfed the rewards program for the rest of us (I had elite plus status before the initial earnings nerf).  It's now become we don't care at all how much you spend with us unless it's on one of our credit cards and you have total tech.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 3 of 11
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

I am a member of the Best Buy Rewards program since 2003, and have spent tens of thousands of dollars at the chain. I had a Best Buy card from 2003-2004, and a Best Buy Visa from 2004 until 2016. I closed it long before my BK. 

After my DC in 2021, I had no desire to apply for the Best Buy store card again, but I remained  

a rewards member and continued putting thousands into Best Buy's pockets. The big turning point was when they stopped giving points for Apple products in 2019.

I don't care what they do anymore. I will NOT be pushed into having their meh credit card. I'll still shop there if convenient but my loyalty is now  completely gone. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 4 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Best Buy is a dying chain and dying brand.  And BBY reward program is pretty much dead.  And this Citi BBY card earn BBY rewards.  

I won't waste any HP and any time with this card.  Unless you are looking to get into Citi and look for a potential product change to other Citi card.

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Best Buy is a dying chain and dying brand.  And BBY reward program is pretty much dead.  And this Citi BBY card earn BBY rewards.  

I won't waste any HP and any time with this card.  Unless you are looking to get into Citi and look for a potential product change to other Citi card.

The Citi Retail division does not PC any of these products.

Message 6 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

If one day BBY goes out of business, the BBY card would be product changed to other Citi card.  Citi just would not close card accounts like the old Synchrony Rakuten or the US Bank Radisson cards....

Message 7 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

If one day BBY goes out of business, the BBY card would be product changed to other Citi card.  Citi just would not close card accounts like the old Synchrony Rakuten or the US Bank Radisson cards....

You seem to be very well-versed on Citi Retail policies/decisions. Do you have some sort of insider knowledge?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Best Buy is far from dying imho.  It was close to death what about 10 years ago, but had a huge turn-around.  I really want this card as had it once before but didn't want it any longer.   I spend a ton of $ at best buy a year, but been turned down for card a few times in last year due to new accounts/inquiries.  When you spend 5-10k at best buy a year the card has very good value.  Times like this and RedStone I wish I didn't always downsize my relationships, CC's etc as comes back and bytes me in some way.

Message 9 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Best Buy is far from dying imho.  It was close to death what about 10 years ago, but had a huge turn-around.  I really want this card as had it once before but didn't want it any longer.   I spend a ton of $ at best buy a year, but been turned down for card a few times in last year due to new accounts/inquiries.  When you spend 5-10k at best buy a year the card has very good value.  Times like this and RedStone I wish I didn't always downsize my relationships, CC's etc as comes back and bytes me in some way.

I spent like $5,000/month at Best Buy.  But somehow BBY started to cancel my online orders and a lot people say this is something very common.  Its ordering system is very sensitive.  At stores, they have quantity limit.  So it is very difficult to do business with BBY.  So I've started to buy from Walmart, Amazon and some IT providers directly, like Dell, HP and Lenovo.

And BBY sometimes use Roadie to deliver.  That is UPS's adopted kid who does Uber type delivery of laptop and Apple iPad.  There are various issues with Roadie deliverites.  And there is no customer service at all.

I opened the new trade line with Citi BBY.  But I only used it twice at beginning for some promotion.  As a business customer, I do not even earn BBY reward points.  And I have no reason to accumulate BBY reward points from the CC since my other payments methods net me more than 5%.  

A lot people say Bed, Bath and Beyond won't die.  But who knows.  How many of us still shop at Best Buy, BB&B, JC Penny, Sears stores?  In my area, more and more stores disappeared.  I can't find any Office Depot/Office Max.  The closest Staples store just shut door 6 months ago.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.