Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BoA Secured Credit Card limit went up somehow

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: My BoA Secured Credit Card limit went up somehow

Wells Fargo will RARELY unsecure your secure credit card. That has been the experience of almost everybody that has reported on this forum. They will make you apply for a new card/account and there is no guaruntee they will approve it. Even after 18 months. One of the main reasons I didn't go for their secured card way back when even though I had all my checking and savings with them.

Message 11 of 17
Cranston
Established Member

Congrats.

When I first came to the US in 2009 I heard many bad things about BofA but my DW and I have both found them to be very helpfull CC company.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job you guys, I think I'm blacklisted from BoA. I had problems years ago, and now they won't touch me.
Message 13 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Eiyanne, have you tried for a secured card?
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also something very interesting is that I did NOT pay in full every month. My limit was $500 but I always left a balance of less then $10.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't, I've given up and moved onto other cards. I know that I have too many cards, but I don't want to close them. I've got Dillards, Macy's AMEX, Belks, AMEX delta platinum skymiles, discover, Walmart, my old Household Bank, US Airways. I'm good, done with credit apps. I'll take care of what i have and look forward to lowering my utilization.
Message 16 of 17
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Yes, you've got a good arsenal indeed. I agree if you don't need it, don't apply for it. Wasted INQ and points dropping aren't needed.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.