Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chase Portfolio of Cards..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chase Portfolio of Cards..

I have been waiting a little over a year for a couple of cards to fall off for the 5/24 rule of Chase in order to try and get a couple of more Chase cards...then I started thinking...how many Chase cards can one really get??

I currently have: Marriott, IHG, Amazon, Freedom, Hyatt

I literally just applied for Chase Sapphire Reserve ( have some big ticket items that will satisfy 4k spend within the next couple of months...hopefully..hypotheically if I get approved)

I would like to get the Ink business card after I hit the spend for the CSR..

All that being said..how many cards would Chase really let a person get. I would like after another year and a half or so..get a couple more Chase cards because of the bonuses Southwest, Milegage..if it makes sense for me and if I have the spend for those cards at the time. 

Would Chase simply just make me start taking credt from the other cards to form new cards? 

I was just curious......

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: My Chase Portfolio of Cards..

@Anonymouswrote:

I have been waiting a little over a year for a couple of cards to fall off for the 5/24 rule of Chase in order to try and get a couple of more Chase cards...then I started thinking...how many Chase cards can one really get??

I currently have: Marriott, IHG, Amazon, Freedom, Hyatt

I literally just applied for Chase Sapphire Reserve ( have some big ticket items that will satisfy 4k spend within the next couple of months...hopefully..hypotheically if I get approved)

I would like to get the Ink business card after I hit the spend for the CSR..

All that being said..how many cards would Chase really let a person get. I would like after another year and a half or so..get a couple more Chase cards because of the bonuses Southwest, Milegage..if it makes sense for me and if I have the spend for those cards at the time. 

Would Chase simply just make me start taking credt from the other cards to form new cards? 

I was just curious......

They'll likely ask you to move CL around long before they tell you no more Chase cards. If you're actually willing to pay all those AFs for cards you're keeping open, why would they stop taking your money?

If, on the other hand, you're just churning their cards (albeit slowly enough to stay under 5/24) for the sign-up bonuses and closing after one year, they'll eventually catch on and probably start denying you outright for anything.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, I haven't been churning..I keep my cards open! lol...

on a side note..I did get approved for my Chase Sapphire Reserve!!!!! CL: 31,000!! 

I am pretty happy about that!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa congrats that's an amazing SL!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.