Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Citi Card Unsecured...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ne Re: My Citi Card Unsecured...

I'm on phone with Citi and am doing some meow-meow with them right now. They said they're gonna return me the deposit in the days to come (WTH? my deposit matures on 05/02!, so why earlier than that?), and that my card is gonna unsecure to their uncanny, unrivaled, prestigious....plain Mastercard with same features. Yay!.....life is so boring with Citi.

Message 11 of 20
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I got the check a weak after the letter saying it was unsecured. First came the two hard pulls, then the letter two weeks later then the check. A week after that I got the replacement card and that was 6 weeks before the original expired. Fast return of the deposit (with interest at 4.07$APR accumulated. Very nice. But the card is the same plain jane Citi card that is shown only under their "secured" card list. Oh, and it still has the $29 AF. It's odd because their current site indicates the secured cards are supposed to convert to plats. So nice APR, very retro card look, and sucky AF. Still, fine with me. The only thing better is if they had kept it secured and still had the high 4.07% CD APR but now it's only 1%.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try to PC to some other product? (is PC even possible on this card?)

Message 13 of 20
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure I could do that in a few months but I still have some CAs and a bad PR. They are due to fall off in a few months though so I may approach them then. Right now I don't want to do anything that could potentially result in AA given the CL and still having baddies.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Citi Card Unsecured...

I got a letter from Citi some four days ago, and they said that my card will unsecure to a classic mastercard and my deposit will be returned within 30 day of my CD maturity date. Moreover, I called them about a possible PC and they were'nt cool with that; they basically said classic MC cannot be PC'd :-(
Message 15 of 20
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a letter from Citi some four days ago, and they said that my card will unsecure to a classic mastercard and my deposit will be returned within 30 day of my CD maturity date. Moreover, I called them about a possible PC and they were'nt cool with that; they basically said classic MC cannot be PC'd :-(

I would call again and speak with someone eles and if not have you tried calling one of the backdoor numbers for citi?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a backdoor number :-(
Message 17 of 20
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

Funny thing for me was they soft pulled every 3 months at first then stopped about 9 months ago. If Feb, they hard pulled twice! then unsecured it. Why they hard pulled twice from the same CRA I don't know.

Maybe other can Chime in...but I don't think they can hard pulled without your approval, soft pulled? Yes......but hard pulled, NO.

Message 18 of 20
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

CC issuers can pull hard anytime they wish. They rarely do, but are allowed.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a backdoor number :-(

Hey, sorry to bump this back up, but did you ever get anywhere with a product change or reasonable CLI?  They just unsecured me a few months ago and I've been going through that same thing!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.