Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Steps are Complete!!!

tag
Akr_Chels
Valued Member

Re: My Credit Steps are Complete!!!

You can definitely call & ask.  I was under the impression that it's only something you can be enrolled in when you first apply & get approved for the card.  I'm not even sure what their criteria are for getting enrolled!  Just luck of the draw, I guess.

A lot of people here dislike Capital One, but so far, they have held up their end of the bargain, especially with this Credit Steps program.  I even got a CLI between my 1st & 2nd Credit Steps jumps!  I didn't have any problem with my balance transfers, either.  So I am very happy with them, especially compared to the UBER crappy subprime cards I used to have! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by laz98 on 04-19-2009 10:05 PM

Yeah you're probably right about that more than likely to be apart of that particular program I would probably have had to applied for a new card. However, I'm glad they've played a role in helping you to re-build your credit and I think there okay after all they did give me my first credit card.

Message 11 of 24
Akr_Chels
Valued Member

It's been confirmed (I called Capital One) it's only for new accounts. When I called the guy kept trying to tell me I was enrolled and the program, oddly enough. But, he finally realize I wasn't after I kept insisting that I was in such a program.

Congrats again!

Message 12 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

Well, at least now you know........did you ask for a CLI, by any chance?
Message 13 of 24
Akr_Chels
Valued Member

I've done that in the past and capital one has told me CLI are not given by request. They review the account on a yearly basis and then make their decision and I am currently up for review again so, I'll see how that goes again.

Message 14 of 24
chamkila

hey, congrts!!!

I too got two CLIs of $500 each, after paying for the three statements for six months continuously. BTW you know the credit steps ll end at this moment or they ll continue to gice CLI every three months?

Message 15 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Akr_Chels wrote:

I've done that in the past and capital one has told me CLI are not given by request. They review the account on a yearly basis and then make their decision and I am currently up for review again so, I'll see how that goes again.

The automated system always tells me that my account is not eligible for customer-initiated CLI requests, but that's crap, because as I mentioned before, I called the backdoor number & got a CLI.  It's all in who you talk to, I guess.  The first guy said I couldn't have a CLI, but the lady I spoke to right after was happy to give me a CLI.  I had not heard that they only review accounts on a yearly basis before.

Message 16 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

@chamkila wrote:

hey, congrts!!!

I too got two CLIs of $500 each, after paying for the three statements for six months continuously. BTW you know the credit steps ll end at this moment or they ll continue to gice CLI every three months?

Thank you!

Yes, the Credit Steps only has 2 "steps".  I would imagine that if Capital One gave CLIs every three months, there would be fewer people complaining about them & more people applying for them!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AKR, apparently we had the cards prior to the credit steps.  I've had my card for 3 1/2 years and still at $500.  I've never been late, never been over the limit and they still won't approve a CL. 

Congrats to the OP.  I know it feels good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 24
Akr_Chels
Valued Member

@anything is possible.

It's been three and 1/2 years with good payment history and only $500. I didn't think they would do that. I just made my 2nd year this month and next month I should be getting the verdict on the CLI and now I'm thinking that it still will remain at 500 and I also have good payment history. I have never been late and I pay in full every time with them.

I've asked them for CLI and to lower my APR in the past and it always NO,NO,NO from them.

Message 19 of 24
keithc
Regular Contributor

congrats!! got my capital one last mo!! EQ was 655!! 1k c/l 10.9 apr!!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.