Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Creditor is Helping Me Thread. #TeamMyFICO

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

My Creditor is Helping Me Thread. #TeamMyFICO

We are all in a time that hasnt happened like this for yrs. With all thats is going on. I dont have a lot of credit cards/loans that others do have. Likewise I have cards/loans that others dont have on the other hand. When I login to my credit card accounts I see they have a link for people that are being affected. Each creditor has contact us or like my BB&T card saying you can get 5% CB on groceries and pharmacies for now. So many that cant work right now and live paycheck to paycheck. Many dont have savings as a buffer to pay bills outside of their credit card payments. My block is usually empty because everyone goes to work. A lot more cars are sitting in the driveways today. It sucks. Lets help each other big time.

I placed this here due to being credit related and as the busiest Sub Forum on the site. Most of the topics are credit card/loans related here anyways. (Outside of the garden) It will get more views than the Smorg Section. I'm hoping the Admin/Mod staff agrees with the special times we are going thru right now. We may not ever meet in person. We are typed letters on a webpage and we get to know each other by typed personalities. Lets get thru this together as #TeamMyFICO and help each other out.

So if you have had to turn to your creditor for help during this time. I feel its time to come together as we do just on the topic of credit as it is. And help each other on how your particular creditor helped you with your personal circumstance. In turn this could help a fellow member with the same company when it comes time to ask for help on how they can handle their situation also with the same creditor that you used for assistance. Be it suspending payments. Lowering APR's. Whatever help you recieved in any way . Please post the company and what they have done for you. Then the same can be applied to your situation when it comes time for assistance with the same creditor. We can get thru this as a TEAM. Together Everyone Accomplishes Much. May it all come to an end soon and life can get back to normal for all of us real soon. Sooner the better.

Special thanks to @Namaste7  for the excellent chart below and taking the time to keep it updated. Its Awesome! Game Changer!

Updated 03/23

2020-03-21_12-16-17.png

2020-03-22_12-42-00.png

2020-03-21_12-14-22.png

2020-03-21_12-14-00.png

2020-03-21_12-13-38.png

For more updated info with links is now here from @Namaste7 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/My-Creditor-is-Helping-Me-Thread-TeamMyFICO/td-p/59574... 

New: Started new Thread in Smorg. Phone companies now helping out. Verizon gave me 15gb for Free on mobile hotspots. Chip in guys.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Cell-Phone-Companies-Come-Thru-Now/td-p/5964376 

Message 1 of 281
280 REPLIES 280
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: My Creditor is Helping Me Thread. #TeamMyFICO

Okay, I'll start

US Bank is offering a personal loan with 2.99% apr for amounts $4999.00 or lower, up to 48 months. The only drawback, it must be finalized in the branch. My request was approved in under an hour, funds deposited into US Bank checking account while I was signing paperwork.

For those of you who havent been app happy in the last year, their platinum card has 20 months 0% apr. 

I got Disco 0% apr for 13 months. 

Ask if you've had regular APR longer than 6 months from your last promo. 

I used chat, took them about an hour to respond. 

Message 2 of 281
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

COVID-19: BOOST Mobile giving FREE 20gb of data to customers

Received this text from boost mobile moments ago. It's a way of supporting customers to ensure they stay connected during this tough period. Highly commendable. I believe more corporate entities should do more as the PR capital after all this would be unquantifiable. Here is the message below:

: To support you, Boost will automatically add 20GB of data to your plan on 3/21. There's no extra cost. No action or call required. http://msg4u.us/r42OJ72

Message 3 of 281
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great thread @FireMedic1  stay safe on the front lines!

My creditors havent help me yet with exception of Disco lowering my purchase apr, i still count that as a blessing.  Even though creditors like Langley  say they options to help ie personal loans etc, i dont believe all of us would qualify and though id love a personal loan to help hold over , with no outlook for a job in the immediate , even forseeable future where i live,   getting a loan one cant pay back will keep some us from even trying.   But i am happy for those who can get help.  If i get any additional  help from lenders ill be sure to add it hereSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 281
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

We are all in a time that hasnt happened like this for yrs. With all thats is going on. I dont have a lot of credit cards/loans that others do have. Likewise I have cards/loans that others dont have on the other hand. When I login to my credit card accounts I see they have a link for people that are being affected. Each creditor has contact us or like my BB&T card saying you can get 5% CB on groceries and pharmacies for now. So many that cant work right now and live paycheck to paycheck. Many dont have savings as a buffer to pay bills outside of their credit card payments. My block is usually empty because everyone goes to work. A lot more cars are sitting in the driveways today. It sucks. Lets help each other big time.

I placed this here due to being credit related and as the busiest Sub Forum on the site. Most of the topics are credit card/loans related here anyways. (Outside of the garden) It will get more views than the Smorg Section. I'm hoping the Admin/Mod staff agrees with the special times we are going thru right now. We may not ever meet in person. We are typed letters on a webpage and we get to know each other by typed personalities. Lets get thru this together as #TeamMyFICO and help each other out.

So if you have had to turn to your creditor for help during this time. I feel its time to come together as we do just on the topic of credit as it is. And help each other on how your particular creditor helped you with your personal circumstance. In turn this could help a fellow member with the same company when it comes time to ask for help on how they can handle their situation also with the same creditor that you used for assistance. Be it suspending payments. Lowering APR's. Whatever help you recieved in any way . Please post the company and what they have done for you. Then the same can be applied to your situation when it comes time for assistance with the same creditor. We can get thru this as a TEAM. Together Everyone Accomplishes Much. May it all come to an end soon and life can get back to normal for all of us real soon. Sooner the better.

Historically, banks don't help people in times of crisis. They usually make things worse.

I hope your optimism is rewarded, and that this becomes a lengthy thread full of heart warming stories.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 281
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I approve of this thread. Let's people know what options are available if they're afraid to reach out or if they just can't get a hold of someone.

Message 6 of 281
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Historically, banks don't help people in times of crisis. They usually make things worse.

I hope your optimism is rewarded, and that this becomes a lengthy thread full of heart warming stories.

Historically,  people try to help each other during rough times. 

This thread is a way of helping. If nothing else, it gives us some semblance of control and feeling like maybe we could do something.  

Some lenders, just like some members here, are helping. 

Other lenders, just like some members, aren't interested in such activities. 

Message 7 of 281
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Chase auto currently has a wait time of over 50 mins

Message 8 of 281
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thread! I took advantage of the Apple Card offer to delay March payment. But I might just pay most of it anyways because It's just that much more I have to come up with in April. I am lucky I got a small bonus and raise from work. Was going to use that to pay down some credit card bills but now I worry about not having an emergency fund. So maybe I will put aside half that money for emergency and the rest to pay down credit cards. I am considering applying for 1 new card to help pad my utilization and to do a balance transfer. I got a new card in Oct and have been gardening since then. I am debating Amex Cash Magnet which I am pre-approved for (already have Amex cards) and/or Discover. Might app for both then spend a yr gardening and paying the minimum I can on the 0 interest cards while I focus on emergency fund. 

Message 9 of 281
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I haven't been directly helped because I don't need it but:

Apple Card is letting all cardholders who contact them skip their payment this month and they are waiving the interest charges

Langley is allowing all loans to have their payments skipped this month (you don't even have to call, it's automatic)

Langley is offering emergency loans that don't have a first payment due for 90 days
Langley is waiving CD early withdrawal penalties

Those are all the specific things that have been emailed. Plenty of others have sent email saying to contact them if I need assistance (I haven't received letters from AMEX, Disco, or TD Bank/Target but I have from everyone else). 

Message 10 of 281
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.