tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: My Creditor is Helping Me Thread. #TeamMyFICO

@Remedios wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Okay, I'll start

US Bank is offering a personal loan with 2.99% apr for amounts $4999.00 or lower, up to 48 months. The only drawback, it must be finalized in the branch. 

Smiley LOL how funny. i guess they figure if they're willing to risk death or hospitalization, they must really need the help, so let's give it to em

As someone who risks getting infected every day, as someone who's been in contact with at least five infected patients, as someone who risks bring this home to my children every day, and as someone who would care for you should you get sick before me, I totally and utterly fail to see what you're finding so funny. 

Right when I thought I've seen it all ...

I think you should lighten up on this one @Remedios 

@cr101was just pointing out the stupidity of requiring someone to come into the branch personally to get the loan when social distancing is what is appropriate

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 61 of 281
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Okay, I'll start

US Bank is offering a personal loan with 2.99% apr for amounts $4999.00 or lower, up to 48 months. The only drawback, it must be finalized in the branch. 

Smiley LOL how funny. i guess they figure if they're willing to risk death or hospitalization, they must really need the help, so let's give it to em

As someone who risks getting infected every day, as someone who's been in contact with at least five infected patients, as someone who risks bring this home to my children every day, and as someone who would care for you should you get sick before me, I totally and utterly fail to see what you're finding so funny. 

@cr101was just pointing out the stupidity of requiring someone to come into the branch personally to get the loan when social distancing is what is appropriate

I dont need anyone ficosplaining to me what someone else  typed., which emoji they used, and what they meant. 

If you read what I said, you'll notice that social distancing is not an option for me, not for about 12 hours, 5 days a week. 

A branch is by far safer for me than work.

We really going to stoop down to "oh you so desperate" talk, when people stand to lose everything they have, even lives for some? 

This is now going off topic, be it lenders helping, or some mocking lenders for helping, or mocking those who took help.

Please bring it back to it's intended purpose, and if anyone wishes to start a thread with more negative tones and under tones, they are free to do so. 

Message 62 of 281
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Okay, I'll start

I dont need anyone ficosplaining to me what someone else  typed., which emoji they used, and what they meant. 

If you read what I said, you'll notice that social distancing is not an option for me, not for about 12 hours, 5 days a week. 

A branch is by far safer for me than work.

We really going to stoop down to "oh you so desperate" talk, when people stand to lose everything they have, even lives for some? 

This is now going off topic, be it lenders helping, or some mocking lenders for helping, or mocking those who took help.

Please bring it back to it's intended purpose, and if anyone wishes to start a thread with more negative tones and under tones, they are free to do so. 

This whole thing is very different for those of us who don't have an option.  Some of us deal directly with the people you walk away from in the grocery store or wherever you may be.  We worry about bringing it home to our families.  We don't get to "socially distance" ourselves.  

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 63 of 281
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 - Updated 3/22 at 12:35PM EST

2020-03-21_12-13-38.png

2020-03-21_12-14-00.png

2020-03-21_12-14-22.png2020-03-22_12-42-00.png

2020-03-21_12-16-17.png

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 64 of 281
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Great thread indeed.  Thank you to everyone making positive contributions to this.

I do want to note that in the spreadsheet, the BECU offer is not for an existing CC, but rather a personal loan.  The terms are 24 months up to $2500 at 0% APR, and payments may be optionally deferred for up to 90 days. 

The email states that you can apply online or by calling, but the link to Online Banking to apply ends up in circular navigation and never takes you to an application page.  I am not sure if applying for a personal loan online will default to these terms, but that seems doubtful as there is a place to enter a promo code and the mouse-over suggests that it is for things such as the Member Assistance Program but there is no promo code in the email.  Better to apply by phone.

Message 65 of 281
RSX
Valued Contributor

AADEBC0E-5C66-435E-87F0-9C690E414F4C.jpeg

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 66 of 281
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Y'all rule. Just messaged Discover. They said I could change my due date and skip the next payment. Also, 0% APR on new purchases for 12 months. Yyyyaassss!!

EFDE7B30-3882-4F2B-9D0A-4D5D3E166AF9.png

So to be clear Discover is offering a skipped payment option? I already have a 0% promo & APR reduction both less than a year so this would be very helpful to me. I work in retail & my store has been closed for almost a week with a plan to repen April 1st I'm still going to receive a paycheck during those 2 weeks but with recent developments with my state of NY being on total lockdown I don't see myself getting back to work by April 1st. Also not sure if my job plans to still pay me pass the 2 weeks or @ least haven't received any news about that yet.

I'm okay to make April's payment but if my situation persists or the virus doesn't start dying down I might have to take Discover up on the skipped payment option in May.

Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 67 of 281
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Great thread indeed.  Thank you to everyone making positive contributions to this.

I do want to note that in the spreadsheet, the BECU offer is not for an existing CC, but rather a personal loan.  The terms are 24 months up to $2500 at 0% APR, and payments may be optionally deferred for up to 90 days. 

Thanks for the clarification. I'll update tomorrow.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 68 of 281
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Y'all rule. Just messaged Discover. They said I could change my due date and skip the next payment. Also, 0% APR on new purchases for 12 months. Yyyyaassss!!

EFDE7B30-3882-4F2B-9D0A-4D5D3E166AF9.png

So to be clear Discover is offering a skipped payment option? I already have a 0% promo & APR reduction both less than a year so this would be very helpful to me. I work in retail & my store has been closed for almost a week with a plan to repen April 1st I'm still going to receive a paycheck during those 2 weeks but with recent developments with my state of NY being on total lockdown I don't see myself getting back to work by April 1st. Also not sure if my job plans to still pay me pass the 2 weeks or @ least haven't received any news about that yet.

I'm okay to make April's payment but if my situation persists or the virus doesn't start dying down I might have to take Discover up on the skipped payment option in May.

Yes, it's skip a payment, but intrest continues to accrue. They said to call back as the situation changes.

Message 69 of 281
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice spreadsheet @Namaste7 

Thanks to all who contributed data.

Message 70 of 281
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.