cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DTI is 18% and citi card said my DTI is too high for a CL increase.... lolwut?

tag
alpha916
Established Member

My DTI is 18% and citi card said my DTI is too high for a CL increase.... lolwut?

So I applied for a $1000 CL increase and was denied. I called for a explanation and they said my DTI was too high.... I calculated my DTI and it's 18% including my mortage.. without my mortage it's 4.8%

**bleep**?

What's an ideal DTI for a CL increase these days?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My DTI is 18% and citi card said my DTI is too high for a CL increase.... lolwut?

What does DTI stand for? Sorry, I'm just trying to learn all these acros.

Don't have much insight on your question but it could be because of your mortg? Maybe also just an excuse and the real reason is unknown. Did you try calling a back door number instead? I have had luck recently with calling until I have decided the person who answered sounded like they loved their job and would maybe be interested in helping me instead of getting me the same ol' run around.

Message 2 of 5
alpha916
Established Member

Re: My DTI is 18% and citi card said my DTI is too high for a CL increase.... lolwut?

Debt to income ratio

And I don't know what the real reason was... maybe it was a fake reason. i'll try the backdoor.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rather new here (been stalking the forums for about ~5 months) and don't have any personal exp with your question but I would probably say it is the DTI. They probably want to see less then 15% DTI for a CLI. Smiley Sad

Try calling the backdoor and tell us how it goes.

Probably better off waiting for a better reply then mine. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Message 4 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Don't worry too much about what Citi says; 2 weeks ago they told me my CREDIT LINES were too high for my income! Doesn't matter that my DTI was around 15%...they aren't right now...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.