Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experiment with Discover Recon EO

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

My Experiment with Discover Recon EO

So after my denial over the weekend with Discover It over the weekend I figured disputing the two denial reasons, but figured have nothing to loose so I emailed the CEO this morning. In my email I explained yes my dumb mistakes and reasons for the late/collections on both accounts I paid in full with Target and Cap one. I went on to say how I want to be part of the Discover family and use the card as my primary card instead of my Amex Zync and Costco Amex. Which I rack up about 2400-300k a month an PIF. I sent this my local time 4am (CA) and just 30 minutes ago received a call from a pleasant young lady from the EO. I think I'm still in shock basically 4 hours later. She told me she'll be reviewing my file with their card services and get back to me in a few days. She gave me her contact info. She told me she did listen to my phone call when I called the back door number by the way. Not getting my hopes up, but keeping my fingers crossed. Oh forgot to mention I said even a starting small cl to prove myself lol! Ill keep you guys posted.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: My Experiment with Discover Recon EO

can you pm me the EO information for Discover please?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 21
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Wow. 2,400 to 300k in a month. That's a very big gap.

Mighty impressive. Costco must love you
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 4 of 21
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Lol... no the total I charge is between my Costco Amex and Amex Zync.  I usually put a good 800 on the Costco card mainly costco trips or gas.  Zync is the one that sees the rest of it, mainly pay all utilities and day to day stuff but the points are not great!

Message 5 of 21
knoregs
Established Contributor

Think he was referring to the 300k part. ie 300k = 300,000... obviously a typo. I'm sure you meant 2.5-3K Smiley Happy

Good Luck!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 6 of 21
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Definatley Smiley Very Happy lol.  I typed the original post with my Iphone.

Message 7 of 21
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 21
trying583
Established Member

Fingers crossed for you, good luck.

Message 9 of 21
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Keep us posted. I just got approved last week and am waiting for my card to arrive. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.