Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First CLI with Macy's!!!!

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

My First CLI with Macy's!!!!

I called today for my first CLI--I have had the card since December and am at a littl eover 3 months.

Initial CL- $800

New CL-$1200

Thanks, Macy's!!!

And thanks to everyone here--you guys showed me I could do it!

Now just can't see why Best Buy won't also show me the luv--have tried the button twice to no avail.  Hmmmm... 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: My First CLI with Macy's!!!!

Mark your calendar, 3 months from today, call again!! Congrats!
Message 2 of 12
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

What satisfies Macy's as far a being eligible for CLI's i called last month they didnt grant me any CLI's do they soft or hard pull when you request? Ive had my account since september!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they soft.

the more you spend, the more the CLI in my experience. 

Message 4 of 12
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Oh yea i see, i dont even use the card tell you the truth, i added my mom as an AU and she's the only one using! I think its about to time for me to dust my card off and give that baby some action!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

i was told they review internal history and/or soft pull.  if you request an amount that is too close or exceeds your internal risk limit they may hard pull at their discreition.  if your balances are maxed on all of your cards it is not the right time to ask for cli -even at macy's.  you will likely become eligible only after you pay down your balances to under 50% or thereabouts. gl.

Schoolbuskid wrote:
What satisfies Macy's as far a being eligible for CLI's i called last month they didnt grant me any CLI's do they soft or hard pull when you request? Ive had my account since september!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 12
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Macy's checks for a GLI (their terminology for a CLI) every 4 billing cycles. A good payment schedule, purchases in-store and online, and your internal history with them gives the best shot at a GLI. Smiley Happy
ImageImageImage

Message 7 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:
Macy's checks for a GLI (their terminology for a CLI) every 4 billing cycles. A good payment schedule, purchases in-store and online, and your internal history with them gives the best shot at a GLI. Smiley Happy
Every 3 Billing Cycles Actually 

Message 8 of 12
slarano
Frequent Contributor

That's what I thought as well, but the Macy's CSR I spoke with earlier this week insisted on 4. Anyway, I'd suggest 4 cycles to those who aren't that confident in getting a GLI, and 3 for those cruising in their Macy's account history. Smiley Very Happy
ImageImageImage

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off congrats to LisaJ for getting the GLI from Macy's. Second, who did you call?

Just curious since my DW is already at platinum level in spending this year, but has received no GLI and no platinum card. (They told her on the phone it is every six months for increases and only once a year (at the end of the year) for card upgrades.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.