Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Kind of Xmas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Kind of Xmas

So, always wanting to be in the forefront of everything, I starting returning things I bought for Xmas before Xmas day.  I am original, that way.  I found two interesting things:  Amazon instantly refunds my items the moment I drop them at the UPS store.  They don't need to receive them or anything.  Before I leave the UPS store, the refund posts.  That's how much they trust me.

Second, and more importantly for this board, when Chase processes those refunds on my Freedom, they only take away 1% Reward points of the original 5% Reward Points they gave me at purchase time.  So i have a bunch of 4% reward points for nothing.

Anyway, has anybody noticed something similar or is this just two large companies simply recognizing how exceptional I am and treating me accordingly?  That's it, in the Christmas spirit, I just wanted to share my awesomeness, I guess...Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Kind of Xmas

The Amazon part is normal but I think it's only for prime members. My DW had the same "experience" when she returned a non-working printer a few weeks ago. They even had sent a replacement as soon as the return was picked up by UPS. Can't say anything about the Chase part though.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I order something from amazon last week, change mind and refuse the packge with ups, contacted amzon via email and they instantly refund me. Not a prime member.
Message 3 of 6
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

this is the basis for a very profitable basis of ms that i have......in theory

Message 4 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

It's normal for Amazon once you have a "relationship" with them. Whenever I return something I always get credited right away as soon as it's at UPS

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 6
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Like others said, Amazon is pretty common for everyone. That's how it has always been for me.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.