Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Orchard CC Observations

tag
Kat
Valued Member

My Orchard CC Observations

Hello,

I was just reviewing my cc histories and thought I'd pass along some info regarding my 2 year old unsecured Orchard Bank cc.  At the time of application, I didn't have any open TLs, 2-two year old unpaid tax liens, and one unpaid medical collection.  I believe my EX Fico was somewhere in the mid 600s.  My APR has consistently stayed at 9.4% + the current prime.

9/05 CL 750  APR 16.17%
5/06 CL 950  APR 17.15%
9/06 CL 1150 APR 17.65%
1/07 CL 1350 APR 17.65%
7/21 CL 1550 APR 17.65%

None of the CLIs were requested.  Between May 06 and Jan 07 I was getting an auto CLI and 0% promotional checks every 4 months.  This pattern seemed to change when I started PIF every month starting in Sept 06. 

IMHO, Orchard will give you consistent CLIs if you regularly carry a balance.  They reward you less when you pay in full each month.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Orchard CC Observations

IMO, sounds like most CCCs.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kat wrote:
Hello,

I was just reviewing my cc histories and thought I'd pass along some info regarding my 2 year old unsecured Orchard Bank cc.  At the time of application, I didn't have any open TLs, 2-two year old unpaid tax liens, and one unpaid medical collection.  I believe my EX Fico was somewhere in the mid 600s.  My APR has consistently stayed at 9.4% + the current prime.

9/05 CL 750  APR 16.17%
5/06 CL 950  APR 17.15%
9/06 CL 1150 APR 17.65%
1/07 CL 1350 APR 17.65%
7/21 CL 1550 APR 17.65%

None of the CLIs were requested.  Between May 06 and Jan 07 I was getting an auto CLI and 0% promotional checks every 4 months.  This pattern seemed to change when I started PIF every month starting in Sept 06. 

IMHO, Orchard will give you consistent CLIs if you regularly carry a balance.  They reward you less when you pay in full each month.

I've had my Orchard card for 19 months and got my first $100 CLI last month after having to ask 3 times. I was denied the 1st 2 times and I have never been late on a payment and most times do carry a balance. They also raised my APR based on Universal Default, but I have not been late on any of my other cards either and I do sometimes PIF and other times carry a balance on some of them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have an orchard card (actually 3) the first one started w/a 300 cl. over the past 2 years they bumped it up to 700 w/o me asking. i recently reaquest one and was declined.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.