Did you mean: 

My Story Macy's Amex Upgrade!!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: My Story Macy's Amex Upgrade!!!!

@tray wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Let us know how it reports, if it adds a second new TL with new opening date or replaces your existing store TL? Thanks.

i will let you know....

Macy's Amex is a seperate tradeline from the store account and has its own credit line.

Message 11 of 21
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Let us know how it reports, if it adds a second new TL with new opening date or replaces your existing store TL? Thanks.

i will let you know....

Macy's Amex is a seperate tradeline from the store account and has its own credit line.

Previously they did report a new TL with opening date but since he said the AmEx replaced his store card online, I wasn't sure if they began simply replacing the TL. I would do the AmEx if the opening date reflected the store card.

Message 12 of 21
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Oh my god. Hope I can change my measly 1800 limit to an Amex Macy's Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 13 of 21
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Whoa, I'm going to try this once I've hit the 6 month mark with my Macy's card. My initial CL was only $600 and I sent them a message online asking it to be bumped to $1000 last week and they did it with no questions asked. I might actually use it this month (because I haven't in 2-3 months) and then try for the AMEX in a few months. Thanks for the info guys!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 14 of 21
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

At least in the days of the Visa, you kept the store card, and a second TL was created with the Visa's opening date.

I wasn't spending a lot at Macy's for a while, so they shut my Visa down when they switched to Amex.

I'm crreping my way up to the $1k spend that I suspect they will want to see for an upgrade again.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 15 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mxp114 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

i will let you know....

Previously they did report a new TL with opening date but since he said the AmEx replaced his store card online, I wasn't sure if they began simply replacing the TL. I would do the AmEx if the opening date reflected the store card.

It doesn't, you get a brand new TL and opening date.  Amex reports as DSNB Amex

Message 16 of 21
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I would love to upgrade my Macy's cc. I open it back in April and was approve for $300, i called in and they immedately increased it to $600. I have been carrying a balance for 2 months to see if Macy's prefer that but I would love to have my CLI and also get an amex card. Do anyone mind stating what their credit score was at the time of being approved for an AMEX and how long have you had your Macys card?

Message 17 of 21
tray
Valued Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:

I would love to upgrade my Macy's cc. I open it back in April and was approve for $300, i called in and they immedately increased it to $600. I have been carrying a balance for 2 months to see if Macy's prefer that but I would love to have my CLI and also get an amex card. Do anyone mind stating what their credit score was at the time of being approved for an AMEX and how long have you had your Macys card?

I believe you need a score of at least 700, my ex score was in the low 700's when i asked for the upgrade hopefully someone else can chime in to see if upgrade was granted with a lesser score

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tray wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

I believe you need a score of at least 700, my ex score was in the low 700's when i asked for the upgrade hopefully someone else can chime in to see if upgrade was granted with a lesser score

I was in the 730 range- had the card for 6 mos. Used it once. 

Message 19 of 21
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@tray wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

I was in the 730 range- had the card for 6 mos. Used it once. 

Thank you! I now have a new goal!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.