Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Synchrony Nightmare.

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: My Synchrony Nightmare.

Id do a BT to this Sync card if possible... (this is confusing... use another CC if possible and use a BT)..

May still have to make that one 475$ payment... depending on how close you are to the due date..

-J

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony suspends 4 Accts Sends Misleading Request For Tax Returns. Beware!!!

Last week, I was trying to use an Über and received a message my card was declined. I have 15k cl on my Ebates Platinum Visa and pay balance off monthly 

i called verify identity and everything ok. Later that day notice that other 3 Sync accounts restricts access to online. Call on my SAMs Club told to expect a letter.

Receive letter today on my 4 Accts with Sync Bank. They asking for IRS form 4506T-EZ -EZ for tax years 2014 and 2015.

Letter says info requested will be provided to Sync Bank. I was about to sign and send them and saw the info was not to go to Sync Bank but to Lexis-Nexis a company that mines and disimenates consumer data. Im concerned that once Lexis-Nexis gets my 2014 and 2015 taxes they will forever be in the Public Domain.

As a Financial Instiution, Sync, has a Fiduciary Duty to protect its clients and is under the Regulations of its Charter.

Im upset they state in their letter they Synchrony are the 3rd Party receiver of the Information but on the small print form that is prepopulated 

They tell the IRS to send my tax info to Lexis-Nexis.

I cannot agree to this as my tax returns will be forever public.

I owe less than $1000.00 in $50,000.00 in limits or just 2 percent as what all financial advisers state is what's needed to have an Excellant Credit Rating which is 750 on Fico at the TransUnion Credit Bureaus. I have maintained very good credit since moving to the US in 2009. What recourse do I have if I refuse to this demand? And anyone know who Synchrony regulator is? State or Federal Charter? Which State?

Message 32 of 34
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony suspends 4 Accts Sends Misleading Request For Tax Returns. Beware!!!

Ibiza - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchrony_Financial

While you're at it w/ 2 posts under your belt... tone it down a little bit.

Message 33 of 34
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony suspends 4 Accts Sends Misleading Request For Tax Returns. Beware!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week, I was trying to use an Über and received a message my card was declined. I have 15k cl on my Ebates Platinum Visa and pay balance off monthly 

i called verify identity and everything ok. Later that day notice that other 3 Sync accounts restricts access to online. Call on my SAMs Club told to expect a letter.

Receive letter today on my 4 Accts with Sync Bank. They asking for IRS form 4506T-EZ -EZ for tax years 2014 and 2015.

Letter says info requested will be provided to Sync Bank. I was about to sign and send them and saw the info was not to go to Sync Bank but to Lexis-Nexis a company that mines and disimenates consumer data. Im concerned that once Lexis-Nexis gets my 2014 and 2015 taxes they will forever be in the Public Domain.

As a Financial Instiution, Sync, has a Fiduciary Duty to protect its clients and is under the Regulations of its Charter.

Im upset they state in their letter they Synchrony are the 3rd Party receiver of the Information but on the small print form that is prepopulated 

They tell the IRS to send my tax info to Lexis-Nexis.

I cannot agree to this as my tax returns will be forever public.

I owe less than $1000.00 in $50,000.00 in limits or just 2 percent as what all financial advisers state is what's needed to have an Excellant Credit Rating which is 750 on Fico at the TransUnion Credit Bureaus. I have maintained very good credit since moving to the US in 2009. What recourse do I have if I refuse to this demand? And anyone know who Synchrony regulator is? State or Federal Charter? Which State?

If you don't wish to comply which is understandable, they will close the accounts.

PIF and close them first if want to avoid the "closed by grantor" notation appearing on cbr for all of the accounts in question.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.