Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Total Visa Card has been Officially closed!!! So Excited

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

My Total Visa Card has been Officially closed!!! So Excited

Great Morning My Fico FamSmiley Happy

I just got off the Phone with the CSR from Total Visa, and Told him that I will be closing my account today, he ask why? and I said I need to start trimming down "Credit Cards", and he said I can see you have paid in full, so we can get that tooking care of for you.  it was simple and easy, I am very thankful that they did help me establish my credit again but it's time to move on.  So now I will be looking for a CC to replace that card, My wish List is: 1. Cap 1 Savor 1.      2. Chase Amazon rewards Visa    3. Amex Cash Magnet

7 CC is my Max, it works for me, now since Total Visa is closed I have 6 CC.   What to do? What to do?  I commited myself to not App for any CC until Jan 2019.   I am so ready to App for the Cap 1 Savor 1.  My scores has increased since my credit building Journey began last September. Current Fico 8 scores are : Trans: 706  Equi: 706  Ex: 650

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Total Visa Card has been closed

I guess you have time now to crunch the numbers on your typical spend to see which card suits you best and then pull the trigger on the winner.

Message 2 of 13
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Yes you are right!! Take this time and crunch the numbers so that I can make an Informative descision on my next CC
Message 3 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your credit journey and for being in a place that you can move on from this card. Good luck in obtaining your goal cards!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Total Visa Card has been Officially closed!!! So Excited

I have one of those also that I want to close but since closing an account hurts our fico score I am thinkiing about it. Let me know if you don't mind if closing it had an affect on your score. I am not sure how soon you will see it reported as closed but I am curious to see how many points go down if any. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck and congrats! I would look into maybe getting the Uber card over Savor.

Message 6 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Congrats on closing the card, I wasn't familiar with it and looked it, yikes! pricey processing & annual fee.

You do know to check the pre-qualification sites for Cap 1, Chase & Amex? They'll all very reliable, just google "capital one pre-qualification", etc.

Message 7 of 13
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

I had the Card for 1 year and only got a CLI of only $50 Smiley Sad  but all in all they help me get my credit going in the right direction and for that I am truly grateful. but Now it's time to move on Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one of those also that I want to close but since closing an account hurts our fico score I am thinkiing about it. Let me know if you don't mind if closing it had an affect on your score. I am not sure how soon you will see it reported as closed but I am curious to see how many points go down if any. 

Thanks

Hopefully it does'nt hurt to much, The CL was only $350 and I had it for 1 full year PIF almost every month, they only gave me 1 CLI of $50. I hope it does'nt affect me too much. Is there anyone on this forum that can shed light on Closing accounts? Please and Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Hopefully it does'nt hurt to much, The CL was only $350 and I had it for 1 full year PIF almost every month, they only gave me 1 CLI of $50. I hope it does'nt affect me too much. Is there anyone on this forum that can shed light on Closing accounts? Please and Thanks Smiley Happy

It shouldn't hurt at all, closed credit accounts remain on your credit report for at least 10 years** with all the credit limit, usage & payment history. So closing an account doesn't affect your Average Age of Accounts (AAoA), the only harm would be from increasing your utilization % with the loss of the credit limit, but a $350 CL shouldn't affect that.

** For some reason I still have a closed Synchrony electronics store card reporting on my credit report that was closed in 2004, helping my AAoA.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.