Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brand new Dillard's Amex is here!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

My brand new Dillard's Amex is here!!!

I just got home and picked up the mail, and in it was my new Dillard's Amex!  Smiley Happy

I still can't believe that I was approved for the Amex version; I really was just hoping to be approved for the store card. In addition to Dillard's purchases, I'll be using this for the days when my Cap1 No Hassle Cash Rewards card takes a rest -- a few days before the statement cuts so that I report a zero balance. I had to make room in my wallet for the new card, so my Orchard card has joined my remaining FP card in the sock drawer.

It's nice to have a second major credit card that gives me some form of rewards. I'll probably be making my inaugural purchase on it tomorrow, as I need to buy some items from Dillard's and have been deliberately holding off waiting for the card to arrive. I also love the fact that I FINALLY have a major credit card that has no AF!!!

Small steps, but I feel like I've made some real progress. This time last year, I was maxed out on all of my cards and had three of them cancelled; I was able to get my Cap1 Visa and original FP under their limits and avoided their cancellations. Fast forward to now -- the Cap1 Visa and FP cards were paid off months ago, my cancelled cards are paid way down and will be paid off by the end of June,  and I have some new rebuilder cards with spotless histories. And now, I have the JCP store card and the Dillard's Amex, both of which I intend to keep for a long, long time; I like knowing that these are "destination" cards for me instead of merely stepping stones. I have a couple of additional "destination" cards that I hope to be able to get by the end of next year, and I'm finally feeling like I really will be able to get there. In the meantime, I'm in a good place and will happily garden. I owe a debt of gratitude to this forum for learning about proper credit management; it really has been a life changer. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: My brand new Dillard's Amex is here!!!

Congrats !! What is your starting CL?
Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!  Now all you need is the PenFed AMEX and BOA AMEX to add to your collection.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the new card!!!!

I am waiting for my new Travelocity Rewards Amex to arrive anyday now.

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 4 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@tntexans72 wrote:
Congrats !! What is your starting CL?

It's modest... $700. But from what I've read, it has the potential to grow nicely.

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

Congrats!  Now all you need is the PenFed AMEX and BOA AMEX to add to your collection.  Smiley Very Happy

I have my eye on a different BoA card. Eventually I want the Platinum Plus MC  that helps to support my alumni association. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I think that is a very nice CL, enjoy !!
Message 7 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@DI wrote:

I have my eye on a different BoA card. Eventually I want the Platinum Plus MC  that helps to support my alumni association. Smiley Happy

Great!  Just make sure you don't get a signature card if you want your credit limit to report to the CRAs. 

Message 8 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@DI wrote:

Great!  Just make sure you don't get a signature card if you want your credit limit to report to the CRAs. 

Not to worry. It's not a signature card, but it does offer rewards. I like the fact that I can get cash back on it AND in addition, a small donation is made towards my alumni association.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.