cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brother got a Discover iT offer in the mail?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

My brother got a Discover iT offer in the mail?

My brother recently got a Walmart CC, after being denied for a CapOne Journey, AE, and even Pacsun CCs.  Yesterday he got an offer in the mail from Discover for the iT with the invitation number.  Should he just toss it in the trash?  Mind you, he's works full time and is NOT in school, and Pacsun and CapOne denied him due to lack of credit.  As soon as he showed me the invitation I told him don't apply, but I figured I'd see what you guys have to say about it.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: My brother got a Discover iT offer in the mail?

How long has he had Walmart?!
It takes 6 months for a FICO to develop. If it has been 6 mos+, I would app!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 4
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
How long has he had Walmart?!
It takes 6 months for a FICO to develop. If it has been 6 mos+, I would app!

He hasn't had his Walmart CC for even three weeks haha. But what I'm questioning is how Discover sent him something, yet CapOne denied him.  He also has had a car in his name, well my mom cosigned for, last August, but everytime he's applied for a card he got denied due to insufficient history.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 3 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Is the car loan on his reports? and is he getting a FICO score with his walmart card? what is i t?

While his chances of approval are slim, based on his short history, it really is up to him if he wants to app for it. Worst case scenario, he gets denied and has one extra inquiry. 

Also, as far as the cap1 denial, I got denied for a cap1 secured card, and then approved for a 3k unsecured card from them. Take everything they do with a grain of salt. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.