cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit must be getting better....

tag
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Re: My credit must be getting better....

@DaBears wrote:

cqdealer, since I poured all my knowledge into on the rebuilding forum. I say you take the Matrix offer and you buy me a nice dinner. Taco Bell is cool with me.....Interest rate won't be as bad on a low dollar dinner!!Smiley Tongue

absolutely , I love taco bell.  You can splurge of course and get the locos meal and a burrito!

@scottwagnon wrote:

aahhh, clever sarcasm... OP, i assure you i am not a troll, just look at my status. if i were you, i would go for a Capital Bank OpenSky secured. also some credit unions are willing to offer secured credit products to high risk customers.

I have a plan in place, hopefully it works  Smiley Happy

just opened 3 GE accounts on May 1st - approved for all

Let them garden for 6 months while i still fix my reports ( only a few little things left to fix)

Hopefully get a prime card around Christmas time, not sure what exactly I want but by then i expect to be in the 700 range on all 3 bureaus.

let that garden for 6 months and hopefully go for a mortgage at this time next year.

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 32
ssp
Valued Member

LOL! too funny

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 22 of 32
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I know my credit has approved to the point of having good cards like Citi DP and Chas Freedom for more than a year now, but I still do get the occasional Credit One or First Premiere offer in the mail.  Obviously they're going right in the trash, but I hope I shouldn't feel discouraged about the mere offers Smiley Happy

I got a Credit One offer this year too.  It was right after I got the Compass Bank offer and a Citi Diamond offer.  I so regret opting for the Compass card instead of the Credit One card.  I like how the logo reminds you of a Capone card.  (Makes me wonder if there is a hidden statement there.)

Oddly, my sister got a preapproval last month from a bank.  She called me up and asked if she should accept it.  I asked from who, she said Capone.  I told her that since she was one year out of bankruptcy that it was probably the best she could do right now.  (I was gritting my teeth when I said that.)  She got online and filled in the approval number and then emailed me the response.  It was not Capone, but Credit One.  I quickly called her and complimented her wise choice in the NICEST way possible.  She has assured me after talking with me about it she will check all the fine print to make sure there was no annual fee. 

If you were to get a First Premier card would you be able to afford a full tank of gas with it?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 23 of 32
JonStur
Established Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

cqdealer, since I poured all my knowledge into on the rebuilding forum. I say you take the Matrix offer and you buy me a nice dinner. Taco Bell is cool with me.....Interest rate won't be as bad on a low dollar dinner!!Smiley Tongue

Don't know if they'll have enough available on the Matrix for an entire dinner...unless you forgo the cup and let them pour the soda in your hands...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 24 of 32
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

Don't know if they'll have enough available on the Matrix for an entire dinner...unless you forgo the cup and let them pour the soda in your hands...

That depends, are you order off the $1 menu?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 32
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

LOFLMAO, that's funny

OP, I for one knew you were kidding, luv a good sense of humorSmiley LOL

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 26 of 32
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@cqdealer711 wrote:

In a span of 5 days:

Continental Finance, "Matrix" card

First Premier Platinum Card

Republic Finance 

Mobiloans

all sent me nice little offers in the mail.

I must be doin' somethin' right!  Smiley Wink

EDIT:  oh and i forgot about union workers credit union!  

ROFLMAO...thank you for my first laugh of the day!Smiley LOL

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 27 of 32
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:
noooooo. I hate to blow your conclusion op, but those are only offers targeted for those with bad credit. These offers of credit are targeted to those who are considered high risk. Your best best is to go with a secured offer. I'm sorry to say but it not good news to receive these offers. If you get an offer though from bryant state bank then you should take that.

LOL...he was being sarcastic...he knows these are "rip-off" cards!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 28 of 32
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 29 of 32
tommiezwa

I do not trust these socalled 'pre-approved' mailed offers and I would not take one without a thorough study of the terms and conditions.  Years ago, when I was attending college, I received several credit cards (unsolicited) in the mail.  I did not activate any of them.  After I graduated and my job history started to build up, I only applied for 2 cards - J C Penney and Sears.  Both of them turned me down at first, but a year or so later, they both approved me.  I also applied for a Master Card and was approved.  Do be very choosy about which cards you apply for and know that with time and work history, you will be approved for the cards you want.  Blessings to you on your journey!

Starting Score: 811 in 2004
Current Score: 679 as of June 18
Goal Score: 750 or higher

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.