cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dentist just told me they pay the interest for Care Credit ?

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

My dentist just told me they pay the interest for Care Credit ?

I asked for a discount....She said no if I am using Care Credit because she pays the interest on the 12/0% promo ?

Seriously ? I'm having a hard time buying this one... Anyone ?

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: My dentist just told me they pay the interest for Care Credit ?

Well...I just answered my own my posted question...It's TRUE. The dentist or doctor does pay the interest on the 0% offers the offer...WOWSA.

Meanwhile they gave me a $3k CLI....Smiley Very Happy

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 2 of 21
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I'm about 99% sure a Dentist doesn't pay the interest on a promotion offered by a separate financial entitiy. Sounds like a load of crap.

Message 3 of 21
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@tussking wrote:

Well...I just answered my own my posted question...It's TRUE. The dentist or doctor does pay the interest on the 0% offers the offer...WOWSA.

I'm curious as to why any practice would consider doing this. 

Message 4 of 21
redpat
Senior Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@tussking wrote:

I'm curious as to why any practice would consider doing this. 

So they don't take the risk of having to carry an accounts receivable for someone who may or not pay.  Some that don't have dental insurance wouldn't be able to afford procedures they need.  

It all comes down to revenue and risk that the practice is willing to take.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@tussking wrote:

I asked for a discount....She said no if I am using Care Credit because she pays the interest on the 12/0% promo ?

Holy cow. I was skeptical too. But just confirmed it with my veterinarian's office manager.

I am totally in shock over it.

They not only pay the interest, but they pay a high rate of interest.

I'm going to be a little less quick on the draw to use Care Credit except in an emergency.

Thank you for bringing this sordid piece of news to our attention.

The office manager said not to worry about it, the vet is happy to do it to accommodate the clients...  but I'm feeling guilty as hell now.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 21
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Take care of those teefers. Every time I brush/floss my teeth I think of it as saving myself money.Veneers are $2,000 per toof. From what I understand periodontal/gum disease is the worst of all. With gum disease you will lose all your teeth eventually. It's just a question of when...

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@tussking wrote:

Holy cow. I was skeptical too. But just confirmed it with my veterinarian's office manager.

I am totally in shock over it.

They not only pay the interest, but they pay a high rate of interest.

I'm going to be a little less quick on the draw to use Care Credit except in an emergency.

Thank you for bringing this sordid piece of news to our attention.

The office manager said not to worry about it, the vet is happy to do it to accommodate the clients...  but I'm feeling guilty as hell now.

You shouldn't care whether or not they pay the interest for you during a promotion period. Just like they [your dentist] don't care how much you pay for their overpriced services with card fees built into the price that you pay for their services. 

Perhaps I'm just too agressive towards businesses including small family owned businesses by not caring how much it costs to take my card, but that's their problem, not mine; however, I do think being overly sensitive towards a business isn't the way someone should do business either... Because the business doesn't care about you, just your money, so why should you care about them and their bottom line? 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a hard time believing this.  I am going to ask my dental clinic and see what they say.  We pay 200/yr for 2 people to have 2 cleaning each w/ xrays each year.  In addition to that you get half off or more all fillings, crowns, root canals, anything.

But again, think of all the people that don't understand how carecredit works.  They don't realize the interest is deferred.  And if I were a betting person, I am gonna say more than half of folks that do promos end up forgetting and pay the interest, and at that point, I am wondering if Care Credit shares a portion of that back with the practice.  That is what I want to know!

Message 9 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I do think being overly sensitive towards a business isn't the way someone should do business either... Because the business doesn't care about you, just your money, so why should you care about them and their bottom line? 

I guess it depends on the business, some you can build a more meaningful relationship with (for me, vets much more than dentists but presumably others vary!)

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.