Did you mean: 

My fellow NFCU CC holders

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

My fellow NFCU CC holders

When do I hit the "love" button.

History

I've had my secured nRewards card for 3 cycles now. Last week, I app'd for the cash rewards card and got a 3k CL.

Thanks in advance

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

Re: My fellow NFCU CC holders

@madmann26 wrote:

History

I've had my secured nRewards card for 3 cycles now. Last week, I app'd for the cash rewards card and got a 3k CL.

Thanks in advance

For me and my experience with my boys at Navyfed I hit the love button once i know that Navyfed softed me so far it always comes instant

15K Navcheck 15K siggy Flagship Visa 15K cash rewards Visa 20K nrewrads Visa 15k personal loan

Message 2 of 9
britestar969
Established Member

Mr_postman looks like you've racked up quite a siggy there! Smiley Tongue Hopefully they will do me some justice after I app in June with them for a cli...Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 3/12 TU 533 Ex 458 EQ 519
Current Score: 12/12 TU 619 EX 556 EQ 601
Goal Score: 700
BK7 3/12 DIS 7/12 LAST HP 12/7
Last app 12/7/12 OFF TO THE GARDEN UNTIL 06/14!!!!
In wallet: Merrick Bank 600.00>NFCU sig rewards 500.00
Message 3 of 9
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@Mr_postman
Damn! Where they approved all at once? Did they ask you for income proof?
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 4 of 9
sarcean

Can I ask how you went from a $500 secured NFCU card to a $3000 card so fast (3 months)? Did you apply out of no where and hope to get lucky or did you recieve some sort of offer?

I'm opened secured $500 nRewards card this week...I would love some tips!

Message 5 of 9
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@sarcean wrote:

Can I ask how you went from a $500 secured NFCU card to a $3000 card so fast (3 months)? Did you apply out of no where and hope to get lucky or did you recieve some sort of offer?

If you have DD with them its a plus.  High income, and if you dont have any recent derogs.  Another forum buddy of mine went from a 500cl secured nrewards to a 3k cash rewards and a 2500cl LOC in 2 months so its possible.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@sarcean wrote:

Well,

There are a few things that have happened since I have opened the secured card.

1. I have continued to clean up my credit report.

2. My FICO score has risen almost 100 points.

From the time I applied for my secured card to the time that I applied for the cash rewards, the score difference is 84 points.

3. I have used my secured card alot and have paid it off consistently every 2 weeks.

4. So I applied.

After I applied, I sent them a message online stating how I have been cleaning up my credit and how I have increased my score almost 100 points.

NFCU differs than most lenders because they do manual reviews and make their decisions. They appear to be much more forgiving in the area of challenged credit.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

History

Thanks in advance

They told me to wait at least 6 mos, which I did. But others here have gotten CLIs in less time. It may be 1 or 2 HPs, though. They sometimes do both EQ and TU. Not always, but it is a possibility.

I've had my CC 1 yr last month and was hoping for an auto-CLI. No such luck. The rep I spoke with today said that usually for a CLI they will do a HP. She said (don't know if this is true -- this is just what she said) that a SP does NOT give them as much info as a HP. AFAIK, that is NOT true and CSRs (even at NFCU) are known for giving inaccurate info. However, she said that they soft you throughout the year, so if you're eligible for a CLI based on your SPs, they would give it to you. And usually you have to app for a CLI for the HP.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My husband went from 2.5k to 4k via manual review before the card arrived. Then from 4k to 7.5k then to 9k... all SPs Card was opened in may 2012. He has direct deposit into NFCU of VA disability payment every month. His regular pay is direct deposit to a local bank.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.