Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first APR reduction thanks BOA !

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My first APR reduction thanks BOA !

Now that ive achieved all my goal cards, im starting to venture into new territory on my credit journey. Called today and spoke to a super fantastic csr from Bank of America for my BBR inquiring about any Apr offers. Very happy to report they dropped my Apr from 22.49% to 19.49% Smiley Happy. YES!

Been with Boa a year now and i cant say enough about my experience with this card. I know most just use this card for the free money but for me its an amazing bt card . This was first time ive ever in my life asked for an Apr reduction and am estaticSmiley Happy. Cant wait to try Disco in a year. Next up , perhaps Citi Dc? Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: My first APR reduction thanks BOA !

Yay way to go AJC!!!! You definitely deserve this congrats my friend
Message 2 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks AdukeSmiley Happy. I know it may not seem great by some standards but getting under 20 feels good. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 37
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

So now YOU know just what to do every so often as you enter this new phase in the credit journey with BofA (and other lenders) Smiley Happy

Expect even bigger and better satisfaction going forward too Smiley Wink aka: CLI's

Congratulations AJC!

Message 4 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks CM7, yeah it felt awkward for like 2 seconds but then the rep was really wanting to help so by the end of the phone call, felt really good. I cant wait to see where i am after year 2 in BoalandSmiley Happy

Kidz, pay your bills on time, good things happenSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 37
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks CM7, yeah it felt awkward for like 2 seconds but then the rep was really wanting to help so by the end of the phone call, felt really good. I cant wait to see where i am after year 2 in BoalandSmiley Happy

Kidz, pay your bills on time, good things happenSmiley Happy

To be of some help, especially where concerns BofA i ofter try to suggest that people DO contact their Credit Analysts directly on things like CLI and/or APR reductions because contrary to the notion of being timid with such experiences, BofA in my dealings with them over the years absolutely WELCOME with cooperation personal correspondence with it's card customers.

As you can plainly see and now found yourself, they are really great people who really want to work with you!

Message 6 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes this is very true. She even told me even though all my balances (bt's) are on 0% promos, that if i ever need to make a big purchase to just give them a call and see what they can do to help. Im definetly gonna strive to get these balances paid before the promos end . This is a great card to have in your back pocket. not a fan of snakes but Boa can be cool with me anydaySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 37
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes this is very true. She even told me even though all my balances (bt's) are on 0% promos, that if i ever need to make a big purchase to just give them a call and see what they can do to help. Im definetly gonna strive to get these balances paid before the promos end . This is a great card to have in your back pocket. not a fan of snakes but Boa can be cool with me anydaySmiley Happy

From my siggy below it's evident where i hold 2 BofA Cards. They have responded with outstanding helpful services whenever it comes to BT's, CLI's or APR Reductions and per chance you hold a single card with them in good standing, it's extremely beneficial IMHO to have at least 2 card products from this lender.

At some point i also plan to apply for their Travel Rewards or another product but it's just makes good sense to build a solid relationship with a lender like this that is strong on customer satisfaction.

Eat your heart out Discover Card Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Shhh, dont let Disco hear that lolSmiley Wink.

I wouldnt mind having a second card with Boa but for now ive gotta let the dust settle from my last spree. I already have too many cards so as i reduce, perhaps after a 2 year gardening hiatus, Boa can be there for me perhaps for the cb card. Who knows, maybe by then theyll pick up the NBA contract whoo hooSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done AJC!

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.