cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first experience with Discover Customer Service.

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: My first experience with Discover Customer Service.

They have a really neat mortgage loan deal out too where you get up to $3100 cash back depending on the purchase price. But it can't be FHA. They have a Real Estate service where they patch you into one of the realtors in their network. Based on our house price, I would have gotten $1700 or so cash back.

I was approved for the Discover It on Friday, sent an email Sunday saying my card was on the way. I haven't received it yet. Does it usually come to your door and you sign for it or does it come in the regular mailbox?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 21 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You don't have to sign for it...they are now sending them out USPS Priority Mail.

That mortgage deal sounds nice too.
Message 22 of 25
ElCamino
Contributor

I got the card today via FedEx! And she is beautiful!

No fancy box or anything, just an envelope with my card and the corresponding paperwork.

Now my wallet is full and happy.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 23 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats again! I wonder if they are moving away from the fancy box?

Don't forget to sign up for the alerts - bonus categories
Message 24 of 25
ElCamino
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats again! I wonder if they are moving away from the fancy box?

Don't forget to sign up for the alerts - bonus categories

Already signed up. Smiley Happy

I was under the impression that my "lost" card was in the fancy box, but because the new card was shipped out on a 2 day delivery via Fed Ex, that I received the barebones kit.

I could care less about the fancy box though, I'm just happy to finally have my Discover card after 2+ weeks!

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.