Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first year with Discover - Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first year with Discover - Data Points

Joe, that part may be true above.  However, looking at what has happened with Discover CLIs over the last 3+ weeks, I'm not sure anyone will be able to repeat what is posted in that chart above as it seems CLIs are drying out with Discover once you get to a certain limit.  While one may still be able to grow their card fairly quickly to around $20k, getting much past that has proven to be extremely difficult task (or impossible) for many.  Of course this is only going off of 3+ weeks of data, so there's a chance things could change or get "fixed" on Discover's end.  I certainly hope so!

Message 31 of 35
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Nicely done! 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Joe, that part may be true above.  However, looking at what has happened with Discover CLIs over the last 3+ weeks, I'm not sure anyone will be able to repeat what is posted in that chart above as it seems CLIs are drying out with Discover once you get to a certain limit.  While one may still be able to grow their card fairly quickly to around $20k, getting much past that has proven to be extremely difficult task (or impossible) for many.  Of course this is only going off of 3+ weeks of data, so there's a chance things could change or get "fixed" on Discover's end.  I certainly hope so!

BBS, I understand - however, this is a new card ($2,500 SL) and I'm not planning to inflate it radically. I'd be happy to get it to par with my Cap 1 Platinum ($3,000 SL) once the Credit Steps increase kicks in (up by $500 to $3,500), assuming that I don't successfully request a CLI on that card in the meantime. In point of fact, I'm not sure whether I'd ever request CLI's more than quarterly at the very most, more likely per 6 months or even once annually.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are very conservative goals, which I believe you'll have no problem meeting or exceeding.

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are very conservative goals, which I believe you'll have no problem meeting or exceeding.

I'm too darn old for risktaking! Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.