cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My gf is applying for her second credit card-any suggestions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My gf is applying for her second credit card-any suggestions?

she started with a secured $1000 CL BoA Cash Rewards credit card in April 2017. 

BoA upgraded her CR secured to regular CR  with $2500 CL in January 2018.

She's always paying on-time and has 2 credit inquiries on TU. 

while I look at her credit karma, there's only TU score 731 as of now. NO EQ didn't check EX. what are the odds of applying for a new credit card? since only TU is reporting?  what cards would you recommend? 

I kinda wanted her to apply for either Uber by Barclays or Travel rewards by BoA, as I have these two cards and feel like they are pretty good in terms of bonus.  And I know Barclays and BoA in MA pull credit from TU, as they showed on my TU credit report.- but that's my noobie idea..

Can anyone chime in?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: My gf is applying for her second credit card-any suggestions?

Credit Karma is worthless score wise. Don’t pay attention to that score.

She’s had a credit card for over 6 months so she should have a FICO score by now at every agency.

I suggest having her sign up for creditchecktotal.com
They have a $1 trial that lets you see all 3 FICO scores. Just remember to cancel it.

Get those numbers and report back.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds great! let me do it in a second

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

"We have successfully completed your registration, however we were unable to pull your credit report due to temporary technical difficulties. Your credit card has not been charged."..lol

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/creditcard/message-id/1533800#

Message 4 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Check out creditscore.com that way you can at least pull up her FICO EX score for free and we can get a ballpark on where she stands at the moment.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No EQ? Her card doesn't report to Equifax? If that's the case which is surprising coming from a prime lender she should also check which lenders pull equifax and avoid those. 

Message 6 of 7
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I suggest she get her annual credit report from the governments website and see if the BoA card is reporting to all 3.
If it’s not, I would call BoA and ask why and ask them to fix it. They should and do report to all 3 agencies.

You can try discover’s Creditscorecard.com
You don’t need to be a card holder in order to join. That will give her EX FICO 8

She should already have TU FICO 8 from her BoA card monthly.

Report back with those 2 scores

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.