Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My goal of a Hyatt Credit Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal of a Hyatt Credit Card!

Hello community! I am 18 years old as of this month, and have a current credit score in the 600's. I happen to travel a lot and just recieved my Discover It Student Card today in the mail. What are the posibilities that come February I will be able to get that wonderful approval for a Hyatt Credit Card? I plan on using my Discover card for gas purchases every month, and having it paid off the second that statement hits (never going over 20% utilization). The two cards that are my "goal cards" just so happen to be the CSP and Hyatt Visa. I am unbeliveably financially smart, and stable. I do not know if this helps, but I only make 20k a year. Any advice is great! -Future 800 cluber- haha

-iPhone post -

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: My goal of a Hyatt Credit Card!

welcome to the forums and congrats on your discover it. im not too familiar with that hyatt card but i can say that income shouldnt be a factor beacuse mine is similar to yours and it didnt stop me from getting any of my cards. As for the csp, your score should be around or above 700. Good luck on your credit jouney

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase likes to see some history, 12 months is usually good.  Unfortunately they won't take your word for being financially smart and stable; they look for it in your history (longevity with employer, income, utilization, rent/mortgage payments etc...).

Message 3 of 8
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Yes, you need more history.  Chase won't approve you right now - I would personally wait a year.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all the advice Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for all the advice Smiley Happy

Good luck!  Keep up the great gameplan and attitude and you will be fine.  Smiley Happy  It will just take some time.  I wish I was as credit savvy as you when I was your age!

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 6 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

They take history into account as well. Do you bank with them? Also, you could perhaps get the Freedom and show responsible usage with it for a number of months and then reapply.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do bank with chase. But I doubt I will be approved for the freedom card, i have no credit history really.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.