cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My jaw is on the floor - but I can still say thanks!

tag
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

My jaw is on the floor - but I can still say thanks!

I did an app-o-rama on Wednesday and got a bunch of pending messages. I checked just now and found out I got approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred for $9,800 AND a Chase Priority Club Visa for $9,200 (so there goes the myth about 2 Chase cards at a time), which is totally awesome and are my highest limits! Then I checked my Citi AAdvantage Visa status - $13,000! Smiley Surprised I seriously had to look at that number a few times to believe all the zeroes were there.

Now mind you, I still have some old baddies on my report (120 lates on Sallie Mae, for example), but they have clearly been overshadowed by my more recent positive history. 5 years ago my score was in the 500s - this board and everything I've learned from it has made this all possible. So thank you to everyone who helps out the newbies and for all the support and help I've gotten here. And for anyone with bottom level scores, I'm proof that you can make a comeback!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

Re: My jaw is on the floor - but I can still say thanks!

Congrats very nice job rebuilding 5+ years gives me and others hope

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 2 of 17
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Wow congrats! I hope to someday be posting the same great news!

On a side note, is it possible to rebuild credit sooner than 5 years? That seems like a really long time Smiley Sad BUT I congratulate for accomplishing it! (I am just so freaking impatient!)

Message 3 of 17
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@LisaPA wrote:

I did an app-o-rama on Wednesday and got a bunch of pending messages. I checked just now and found out I got approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred for $9,800 AND a Chase Priority Club Visa for $9,200 (so there goes the myth about 2 Chase cards at a time), which is totally awesome and are my highest limits! Then I checked my Citi AAdvantage Visa status - $13,000! Smiley Surprised I seriously had to look at that number a few times to believe all the zeroes were there.

Now mind you, I still have some old baddies on my report (120 lates on Sallie Mae, for example), but they have clearly been overshadowed by my more recent positive history. 5 years ago my score was in the 500s - this board and everything I've learned from it has made this all possible. So thank you to everyone who helps out the newbies and for all the support and help I've gotten here. And for anyone with bottom level scores, I'm proof that you can make a comeback!

Congratulations on your new cards and those great starting CLs! Smiley Happy  Very well deserved!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 17
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@jdirilo wrote:

Wow congrats! I hope to someday be posting the same great news!

On a side note, is it possible to rebuild credit sooner than 5 years? That seems like a really long time Smiley Sad BUT I congratulate for accomplishing it! (I am just so freaking impatient!)

In 2007 I was only reading stuff and paying off my debt. Then I didn't have any cards for a bit. Then I apped for a Cap1, Orchard and BoA 99/500 in fall of 2008. My scores immediately jumped. I let those age a bit (closed the Orchard before the AF) and only asked for CLIs rather than new cards and was very careful to PIF every month. Then I got the Chase Amazon in fall of 2010 with a $4000 limit. So I'd really say it took 2 years to get a prime card.

The reason I did the app-o-rama this week is I just had a chargeoff fall off my EX report (which was always my lowest score), so I thought it was time to try for a really swank card like the Sapphire Preferred. I got an account with PSECU (something I learned of here), so I know my EX is 718.

Message 5 of 17
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

HIGH FIVE! WOOT!!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 17
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

HIGH FIVE! WOOT!!!

Thanks! I'm a bit giddy. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LisaPA wrote:

Congrats!!!!

those are some nice limits!

I had to do something similar when I got approved for cap1, because I initially read $3,000, but then I closed the window and was like "Nah...it's cap1, it is probably $300..."

Can't wait until I can get some nice cards like those Smiley Very Happy 

Message 9 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

BIG CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.