Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oldest card - Comenity Bank

tag
barbaralee
Established Contributor

My oldest card - Comenity Bank

Victoria Secret, credit line of 2730, or some such weird number. I literally use it twice a year and they ritually give me auto increases around the semi-annual sale time. Should I close it, or just keep doing what I am doing? I just really have no use for it. Also, someone I knew told me that she use to work for their credit card dept, and she said credit lines do not go over 2k.... Guess she was wrong.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My oldest card - Comenity Bank

@barbaralee wrote:

Victoria Secret, credit line of 2730, or some such weird number. I literally use it twice a year and they ritually give me auto increases around the semi-annual sale time. Should I close it, or just keep doing what I am doing? I just really have no use for it. Also, someone I knew told me that she use to work for their credit card dept, and she said credit lines do not go over 2k.... Guess she was wrong.

Hi barbaralee... well, this decision really rests entirely up to you.  I've had mine since way in the mid 90s and my CL is $3K (and yes, there are much higher CLs than that).  I am a guy and I use it for B&BW and for other occassional gift items when certain promotions/offers come along.  If it's not hurting anything then just leave it as is, unless you are planning to do a little early Spring cleaning and just see no reason to manage an extra CC.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.