Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sdfcu account is closed after 2 weeks of opening

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: My sdfcu account is closed after 2 weeks of opening

@creditfan wrote:

I used the same info that I applied to a few others CU, which are no problems at all. Why it gives me hard time then?

the reason I love to be member at sdfcu because of their the lowest % rate to auto loan that I may needed for my future car

so now can anyone confirm that do I allow to apply another acct from them? and when is the best time to doing so

appreciate it

When did you exactly apply to these other Cu's if it was in a short amount of time you may have spooked them if they reviewed checksystems.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 21 of 31
goosedog
Regular Contributor

I can tell you why they denied you but you wont like the answer. They did the same thing to me.

And no it is a HP for opening an account with them regardless of what kind of account. Ask me how I know this.

Message 22 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 31
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

I can tell you why they denied you but you wont like the answer. They did the same thing to me.

And no it is a HP for opening an account with them regardless of what kind of account. Ask me how I know this.

since i'd like to know the answer i will ask: how? Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 24 of 31
goosedog
Regular Contributor

If you are are NOT a US citizen, OR have a a foriegn name they will close the account quickly. Ask me how I know this.

Message 25 of 31
ag760
Established Member

Goosedog I have read about a similiar issue on another cc forum, sadly I can't find a link atm.

Discover It 2,500 CL
BankAmericard Platinum Visa 1,500 CL
American Express BCE 2,000 CL
Gardening until 8/14
Message 26 of 31
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Well I am a US citizen, in fact I am an American soldier, and I still had a hard time getting into this credit union.  They are based in DC-area, specifically in Alexandria, VA and near the Pentagon.  There are busses that run from NYC (near where Old Navy is on 34th street) to DC.  They run multiple times a day.  I did this a few times for less than $20.  Not that I suggest you take a bus solely for making a point at SDFCU, but there are also other great things to do in DC.

I was not approved on my first attempt for their credit card.  I made sure the people at the Alexandria location knew who I was and why I was a great candidate for their card.  Then I wrote a written recon letter and they approved me for $5k.  That was over 1 year ago.  I plan to ask for a CLI on Monday.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 27 of 31
creditfan
Established Contributor

@goosedog

yes, US is not my original country but I became US citizen years ago and changed my name into english name so I don't why there is a problem

@DaveSignal

thank you for your clear image

edit: don't know how to quote the the reply

Message 28 of 31
eviLution
Established Contributor

I'm a Permanent Resident Alien with a foreign name and I became a member of DCU/SDFCU without any problems. SDFCU only did a soft inquiry on my EQ, when I opened a checking and savings with them!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 29 of 31
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

I'm a Permanent Resident Alien with a foreign name and I became a member of DCU/SDFCU without any problems. SDFCU only did a soft inquiry on my EQ, when I opened a checking and savings with them!

Is your name Middle Eastern Origins?

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.