Did you mean: 

My turn on the Barclays AA gallows

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: My turn on the Barclays AA gallows

@woodyman100 wrote:

I guess my last spree spooked them.

New accounts and credit seeking acvtivity can certainly be a red flag.  The amount of activity that is too much isn't just a matter of the creditor but one's credit profile as well.

Do not just spree without very careful consideration and only if your profile is squeaky clean and very strong.

Message 91 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays limits are funny money - not real. I have "$36K" with them but I'm sure the minute I show any sign of using it I'm headed for the gallows as well. It's good for util padding and not much else.

Message 92 of 98
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Technically you can say most CC limits are "funny money" because once you do something that triggers their computer's too risky category they will not hesitate to perform AA on you. The only real difference is what triggers the too risky category
Message 93 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benzman wrote:

Called Barclays last week to move my limit from Rewards card to my Ring, they refused, so I closed Rewards. Calling tomorrow to close the Ring. Who need them?

Sorry that happened, Benzman.

You might try to call them back (or call a backdoor number), and often a different person will have a different response for you. This is the experience I had when wishing to move limit from Rewards to open Ring. First person was extremely nice but said he just could not do it. Called in and talked with second person and she was able to do so. Good luck.

Message 94 of 98
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Been slammed at work, but finally took the time to call.

The Rep said it was a regular account review (don't know if I believe that).

too many inquiries, too many new accounts last 6 months.

letters were in the mail when I got home. They said the same thing.

i didn't even ask to reinstate my lines.

I have paid off the accounts and as soon as the airline ticket I put on the Arrival posts so I can erase it with the miles I'm going to close all 5 of the family accounts.

I hold no ill will as it is their right (understandably so), but my spend is better spent with those that haven't taken AA.

As a couple, DW and I still have $380,000 in lines. I think we'll be juuuuuuust fineSmiley Tongue

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 95 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

Been slammed at work, but finally took the time to call.

The Rep said it was a regular account review (don't know if I believe that).

too many inquiries, too many new accounts last 6 months.

letters were in the mail when I got home. They said the same thing.

i didn't even ask to reinstate my lines.

I have paid off the accounts and as soon as the airline ticket I put on the Arrival posts so I can erase it with the miles I'm going to close all 5 of the family accounts.

I hold no ill will as it is their right (understandably so), but my spend is better spent with those that haven't taken AA.

As a couple, DW and I still have $380,000 in lines. I think we'll be juuuuuuust fineSmiley Tongue

You have such a positive attitude.  It makes you wonder if we are starting to see 2008-2009 again.  Some of us are just rebounding from that bad time.  You have an enviable profile, so you're right....you'll be just fine.  Keep moving forward Woodyman.

Message 96 of 98
Bobbyjohnson
New Contributor

My wife had her Barclays cards AA'd last week Smiley Sad

5k > 1k Arrival+ 

15k > 1k AA Aviator

18k > 1k Barclay AA Business

squeaky clean on utilization, scores, etc.

I think her latest app for JetBlue+ & JetBlue Biz card was the tipping point (this was after a BOA CLI to 65k and a new Ritz card)

Oh well, life goes on!

BTW, I think Bank Bonuses are the new thing. Credit Card churrning seems to have hit a dead end.

Message 97 of 98
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Bobbyjohnson wrote:

My wife had her Barclays cards AA'd last week Smiley Sad

5k > 1k Arrival+ 

15k > 1k AA Aviator

18k > 1k Barclay AA Business

squeaky clean on utilization, scores, etc.

I think her latest app for JetBlue+ & JetBlue Biz card was the tipping point (this was after a BOA CLI to 65k and a new Ritz card)

Oh well, life goes on!

BTW, I think Bank Bonuses are the new thing. Credit Card churrning seems to have hit a dead end.

Ouch! That stings for DW! 

I think you may be onto something with the bank bonuses. 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 98 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.