Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

tag
mikey4833
Valued Member

My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

What should I do my wife applied me for a credit one bank card and i have 1 of those monitoring services that catch anything weird on any of your 3 credit reports and it caught a 6 on the end of my social instead of a 5.. I was approved for credit one with that messed up ssn... should I wait till I get it to fix the problem because their is a problem I filed bk on them and they normally declined me I told my wife to apply me and she messed up my ssn oh boy....  If they catch my number they will throw it out anyways. It was a typo I asked her if she did it on purpose she said no.... I dunno what to do here.

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

I'm surprised you are still app'ng . Wasn't it suggested that you garden your accounts due the high inq's on other threads?
Message 2 of 40
mikey4833
Valued Member

Yeah I was advised I am down because I called Citi app status line and the rep said I was declined for a Citi Simplicity not because of inquiries but bankruptcy..... Someone said call and don't take no for answer for that. I have not spoken to the woman from president's office at all since my credit was checked today I don't know if that rep knew what she was talking about or not.. The woman in the president's office said I hope you'll enjoy this card as much as you do your Sears Platinum MC. Same bank and they giveme $4,000 but decline me for simplicity card? I seen some people on here with limits as low as $200. I just want my foot in the door. I closed 2 of my accounts and lost $2,000 in credit a 1k capital one and a qvc card $1k. I called cap1 supervisor to try and get it reopened but she couldn't do it so I guess I'll have to go through president's office who this girl is handling my other upgrade request now....

Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013

Message 3 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck on trying to get those cc's re- opened. Remember, it will take a year for those inq's to stop affecting your FICO score. I know you are anxious and trying to get back on your feet (credit wise) but trust me when I say, it will come- just be patient.
Message 4 of 40
myjourney
Super Contributor

Yeah yeah the wife did it Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 40
Layered
Established Member

When in doubt, blame your wife! j/k

I hope you can get it reopened

Message 6 of 40
mikey4833
Valued Member

Smiley Very Happy lol my wife really did do it she likes applying for credit cards and opening them behind my back and running them up... If I did this I would admit it.  I'm not so sure what to do call them and fix the mistake? Or let it alone for now? What would you guys do it pulled my credit, heck my ssn is on my dads credit we both got the same name different middle name creates alot of confusion.

Message 7 of 40
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@mikey4833 wrote:

: smileyvery-happy: lol my wife really did do it she likes applying for credit cards and opening them behind my back and running them up... If I did this I would admit it.  I'm not so sure what to do call them and fix the mistake? Or let it alone for now? What would you guys do it pulled my credit, heck my ssn is on my dads credit we both got the same name different middle name creates alot of confusion.

Call them? I would call a credit and or marriage counselor. With your wife running up credit cards she obrained illegally, your dad and your crdit mixed up, and with the number of inquires you have, you will never get out of credit hell until you stop and repair those things. I mean to each thier own, but man you need to put a stop to all of that. More credit cards is not an answer to your crdit issues. Just one guys opinion. No offense meant.
Message 8 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

You could freeze all your credit reports that would stop her from applying

Message 9 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Dude you really need to quit apping. Your destroying your credit right out of BK.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.