Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

You should call the company right away and explain that it was a typo..    

Message 11 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

You could freeze all your credit reports that would stop her from applying

That's a geat suggestion in this scenario.

        
Message 12 of 40
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@mikey4833 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy lol my wife really did do it she likes applying for credit cards and opening them behind my back and running them up... If I did this I would admit it.  I'm not so sure what to do call them and fix the mistake? Or let it alone for now? What would you guys do it pulled my credit, heck my ssn is on my dads credit we both got the same name different middle name creates alot of confusion.

Sound like a marriage made in heaven. I would be furious.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 13 of 40
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I second that suggestion. You have already been through a BK. This is only going to continue to ruin your financial future. your wife obviously does not understand how poor yours and her credit situation is. Call creditone and have the app canceled as a fraudulent app and freeze all 3 of your credit reports.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 14 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Freezing would fix the DW situation but this poster also has a app addiction himself. Do yourself a favor and shred the PIN numbers and leave It be for a year. Take advice from people here your not helping yourself at all with all of these unnecessary apps.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I second that suggestion. You have already been through a BK. This is only going to continue to ruin your financial future. your wife obviously does not understand how poor yours and her credit situation is. Call creditone and have the app canceled as a fraudulent app and freeze all 3 of your credit reports.

May have repurcussions. Probably etter to either just accept the card, or close it immediately, or plead for a cancellation for some "my fault" reason.  I wouldn't open any door with a lender that says "fraud."

In the OP's situation, in addition to freezing my reports, think I'd make sure I simply had some toy limit cards for credit building purposes but not enough that they could be run up to my detriment.

That doesn't address the issue, but it minimizes the potential impact; fraud claims are a nuclear option, I don't think it's legal even for one's spouse to open up a card in their name.

        
Message 16 of 40
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@mikey4833 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy lol my wife really did do it she likes applying for credit cards and opening them behind my back and running them up... If I did this I would admit it.  I'm not so sure what to do call them and fix the mistake? Or let it alone for now? What would you guys do it pulled my credit, heck my ssn is on my dads credit we both got the same name different middle name creates alot of confusion.

I hope she doesn't do that with the CreditOne card..not with those fees. I echo previous suggestions of freezing your reports and cooling it for a year.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 17 of 40
mikey4833
Valued Member

Oh my what a mess this turned out to be.. I mentioned my ssn is a variation on my father's credit report at experian and my name is on there too full middle name. They pulled my fathers credit now they just canceled the app out because the ssn didn't match what was on file they wanted me to send in social security card and drivers's license and proof of address utility bill I didn't have the utility bill because I live with my parents so they canceled the app after my father got on the phone and said they pulled his credit not mine.. You know that happens to me at Capital One when I applied there. My dad applies for a card then I try and I cannot for another 45 days they don't pay attention to ssn or dob apparently. Yes the one who posted that is illegal for a spouse to open cards without your concent like my wife does. I put a security freeze on all my credit bureau filles and even that uncommon bureau I checked innovus. Good thing I checked my credit because my father's inquiries are also on my credit report at experian and guess what he lost a bankruptcy it came on to my file 2 bankruptcies I don't think so. I got that stuff under investigation and requested them to delete anything that has ties to a 1958 dob and ssn of my father. I tried the JR 'thing on the end of my name before too not much help. Transunion is always criss crosing my father's credit with mine.He lost 2 bankruptices and they habe not yet reported them back on his files yet. Equifax NEVER once mixed me and him up.  My wife is a redhead natural she is bipolar she has this thing with shoppingn too much.,,, She ruined my credir right after bk with 3 swiss colony accounts. 

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 40
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@mikey4833 wrote:

Oh my what a mess this turned out to be.. I mentioned my ssn is a variation on my father's credit report at experian and my name is on there too full middle name. They pulled my fathers credit now they just canceled the app out because the ssn didn't match what was on file they wanted me to send in social security card and drivers's license and proof of address utility bill I didn't have the utility bill because I live with my parents so they canceled the app after my father got on the phone and said they pulled his credit not mine.. You know that happens to me at Capital One when I applied there. My dad applies for a card then I try and I cannot for another 45 days they don't pay attention to ssn or dob apparently. Yes the one who posted that is illegal for a spouse to open cards without your concent like my wife does. I put a security freeze on all my credit bureau filles and even that uncommon bureau I checked innovus. Good thing I checked my credit because my father's inquiries are also on my credit report at experian and guess what he lost a bankruptcy it came on to my file 2 bankruptcies I don't think so. I got that stuff under investigation and requested them to delete anything that has ties to a 1958 dob and ssn of my father. I tried the JR 'thing on the end of my name before too not much help. Transunion is always criss crosing my father's credit with mine.He lost 2 bankruptices and they habe not yet reported them back on his files yet. Equifax NEVER once mixed me and him up.  My wife is a redhead natural she is bipolar she has this thing with shoppingn too much.,,, She ruined my credir right after bk with 3 swiss colony accounts. 

Holy smokes...

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 19 of 40
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Sounds like you're taking charge of the situation. Good for you. you got off easy with the CreditOne app being canceled.

I know I'm judging here, but your father and wife seem to treat credit like it's extra cash in the bank. you luckily seem to be learning from past mistakes of your significant others and yourself. you will have to take it upon yourself to navigate out of the mess you're in. While it will obviously lead to fights, don't let the wife hae any of your credit cards ever again, unless you don't mind being in financial ruin for your entire life.

Again, good luck with your credit rehab'ing.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.