Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU $300 SUB

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

NASA FCU $300 SUB

Was reading email from thecreditsolutionsprogram.com about good BT cards and they had listed at #6 NASA.  I was once interested in their Star Trek card so i popped over and found this

https://www.nasafcu.com/StarTrek/index.html

$300 SUB for $2k spend / 90 days.

I dont remember seeing this before so here it is incase someone else hasnt seen it

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NASA FCU $300 SUB

@Meanmchine wrote:

Was reading email from thecreditsolutionsprogram.com about good BT cards and they had listed at #6 NASA.  I was once interested in their Star Trek card so i popped over and found this

I dont remember seeing this before so here it is incase someone else hasnt seen it

Good luck

Thanks for sharing.  I know that NASAFCU gets a bad rap here from some but they have been good to me and haven't had any complaints.  Not a bad offer for $2k spend though the 1.5% cashback isn't that great.  Just keep in mind that they can be tough to get approved for and led them to be known for the 'Egyptian' credit pyramiding term that caused a lot of people to be denied when they were once the flavor of the month.

Message 2 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good luck

Thanks for sharing.  I know that NASAFCU gets a bad rap here from some but they have been good to me and haven't had any complaints.  Not a bad offer for $2k spend though the 1.5% cashback isn't that great.  Just keep in mind that they can be tough to get approved for and led them to be known for the 'Egyptian' credit pyramiding term that caused a lot of people to be denied when they were once the flavor of the month.

Wasnt that Penfed?

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good luck

Wasnt that Penfed?

Nope, it started with NASA.  PenFed never was that difficult to get approved for.  Not to say that they never denied someone due to excessive credit seeking but NASA was at one time notorious for it. Goes back to almost 4 years ago before you were a member here.

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good luck

Wasnt that Penfed?

Nope, it started with NASA.  PenFed never was that difficult to get approved for.  Not to say that they never denied someone due to excessive credit seeking but NASA was at one time notorious for it. Goes back to almost 4 years ago before you were a member here.

Not that I wish to doubt your words of wisdom, but I really think it WAS Penfed that used the pyramiding phrase.  From what I remember, when NASA was FOTM, people were getting large credit lines without issue (and I got $30K with no HP) and then it became very restrictive.   But I still think the pyramid term was Penfed, NASA rejecting with other terms.   I would like to say that I would be happy to be proved wrong, but I would probably sulk.

Message 5 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

The only question for me is am I willing to give up a double EX pull to get this card. I tried to get a SP membership about a year ago but the best the rep would do is let me app for the cc first and only if approved, then the membership HP would be second.

Im at 1% TUtil so Im not afraid of pyramiding.  From what I remember, NASA became POI a requirement for alot of people

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good luck

Wasnt that Penfed?

Not that I wish to doubt your words of wisdom, but I really think it WAS Penfed that used the pyramiding phrase.  From what I remember, when NASA was FOTM, people were getting large credit lines without issue (and I got $30K with no HP) and then it became very restrictive.   But I still think the pyramid term was Penfed, NASA rejecting with other terms.   I would like to say that I would be happy to be proved wrong, but I would probably sulk.

Heh.  Now that I think back, you’re right.  It was PF.  No sulking for you, this time

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice Sub . I tried twice for this CU, s true PIA to join. First time around the FOTM era and their application process was so slow i just cancelled. Second time was recent, almost got it done, thought we were cool on some things and then out of nowhere they still wsnted more lol. I just cancelled again and decided im ok with Navy snd Langley. The Space shuttle Visa is cool though.
Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

NASA FCU eventually had some members' accounts closed and/or CLD IIRC. Post the FOTM craze, they became more selective in their UW criteria.
Message 9 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
NASA FCU eventually had some members' accounts closed and/or CLD IIRC. Post the FOTM craze, they became more selective in their UW criteria.

I didn't have the card at the time (didn't get mine until July of 2017) but I do remember some account closures from them for very lame reasons--just like the Duck and Beaver card closures.

And it was Penfed a couple of years ago turning people down for "Egyptian activities".

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.